Repeat

Old 04-17-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Repeat

Daughter went through detox then 2 months of living in residential home. Been home less than a month. Went to concert Saturday after I told her that was not a good idea for her recovery. She has not come back home. Last message I got from her was yesterday on facebook saying she was alive. She left w/o her medication, any clothes, etc. She not communicating with anyone I know. Next step will file missing person report if I don't hear from her again. Some days I pray for something that is not a good thing to pray for to end this madness.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been there too.
I felt desperate sometimes to get out from between that rock and the hard place.
I knew that wasn't the answer but it 's horrible to feel so trapped for such a long time. The fear is horrible. The worry is horrible. The unknown is horrible. It's also lonely. We can't just keep telling family and friends the same thing over and over for years. Letting go is not easy when it's your child.

There are so many of us. You are not alone and we can get through this and learn healthier ways of coping. I always found it took me time to get my footing back after a break from my son using. Gather up your tools and find your footing again.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry that you are going through this, Muunray.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, Muunray!

I don't think I can add a single thing to what Morning Glory said. It is awful...and hard to let go. Your daughter and you will be in my prayers.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too am a mother of an addicted adult son and I know your pain. I lost my balance completely when my son was living at home and for years after that.

I pray your daughter can find her way and that you find something that will help you cope with all this. Meetings helped me, others have found counseling and church support groups helpful.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pain
Old 04-21-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Muunray,

I am praying for you and your precious daughter.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Heard from a guy she had stayed at with after concert. Said she left while he was taking a shower. Knows she left with people she had done crap with before. She has so many people wanting to help her but she continues to leave those who care about her to those who abuse her.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Muunray. My son is my addict, and I have felt as you do, many times.
It sometimes feels neverending. The pain our hearts feel, is just awful.
I wish I had some words to comfort you, but I know, when in these situations, nothing seems to offer comfort.
Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Much Love
Bute x
Old 04-22-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Muu,

I would file a missing persons report until I heard her voice.

Prayers.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
Heard from a guy she had stayed at with after concert. Said she left while he was taking a shower. Knows she left with people she had done crap with before. She has so many people wanting to help her but she continues to leave those who care about her to those who abuse her.

My stepson seems to gravitate toward those who take advantage of him and also abuse drugs and alcohol. He does so likely because they don't question his drinking and drug use, they just join him in drinking and using. Praying for all the addicts still out there.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Adding my thoughts and prayers, Muunray.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family Munray. I understand how hard it is to detach. I always seek God in my times of trouble because it comforts me knowing that HE can do what I cannot. JJ always detached when he went on a "run". He always told me he did that so I wouldn't see him at his worst. I think he thought that he was doing the right thing for me. Who knows? Drugs make crazy seem normal I guess.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just an update - addiction is relentless. My daughter now lives in a tent under a bridge with other homeless people. I actually sent her money a week ago. My son was visiting the city she is at and she said she wanted to move back closer to us. He was supposed to give her a ride back to a hotel. Wow this story sounds even crazier know that I am telling it. I gave enough money for her to stay at a hotel for 2 days in the area to get help again. Well my son showed up at the bridge and she came out from under the bridge with her "boyfriend" and she was so out of it she didn't recognize her own brother. He talked to her though he said she was totally out of it. Then she went back under the bridge. He waited 20 minutes than left. The cold and rainy season is here.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Muunray

How completely heart breaking!! I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that she will string together enough lucid moments to realize what her life has become and want to work to change it!

Your dear daughter will be in my prayers.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Praying for your daughter. Please keep my son in your prayers as well. He relapsed and is real back again with alcohol.
I sent him a text that I was praying for him and that he needs to ask God for help. He doesn't believe in a God like we do so I don't know what will happen.
Like you, I sometimes pray for God to take him because I am tired of this life. They say to move on and detach. I am trying. But then I wait for the call... I have yelled and screamed to my husband that I wish God would just take him.