nightmare

Old 12-15-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nightmare

Well, my son came home last year at this time but was on probation and was clean. We had a nice visit. Yesterday we picked him up at the airport and I could just tell it was not going to be the same as last year. He is off of probation and back into the marijuana. We had visited him and his girlfriend over the summer for a short vacation. The entire time he was eating the edibles as we toured around his area. He has gained so much weight that it is hard for him to even walk far. He wants to do nothing physical. He is excelling at work so that is good and he has goals to save up for a house with his girlfriend. All positive but so far the visit home has not been. I do believe he is having withdrawals from his weed. In our state it is not legal. Last night he barely ate his dinner that he was so looking forward to and very irritable. He is getting a cold so that doesn't help. Told me early this morning that he wants to fly back early because he doesn't like it here..... He wanted my daughter to get him weed at her college and she refused and now is not even coming home to see him which I don't blame her. She said he acted his normal way through text messages so she doesn't need to see him. It is heartbreaking how the weed takes over. I honestly don't see how his girlfriend who doesn't partake in weed stands him. She must see a different side than we do. Haven't seen him for 4 months and he doesn't even hug me at the airport. So sad. He had a good upbringing. I just don't understand how we could be so close and now so far apart. I guess it is the addiction. Sad for my parents who only see him once a year. They adore him but I doubt if he will ever come home again after this trip. Thanks for listening. Just makes me want to cut ties with him all together. I sure won't go out of my way to make contact now.

Last edited by Seren; 04-30-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Humm,

That is a sad story. Prayers.

Addiction is for life. I was a drunk, and I know staying clean is as hard as getting clean.

I am in no position to offer advice, but I can empathize and in a way...sympathize.

I have a wife and son. They are my only close family. I really had no family up bringing..only a grandma that loved me like there was no tomorrow. My upbringing is a sad story.

Anyway...I relate to you this way...I suffer too.

My wife is selfish w me and seems to resent the fact that i don't get worked to death like her.

My son is growing up seeing us distant and he generally avoids long term contact w either of us.

I can only do my best to not turn into a pain or something dealing w my emotions about this and other life issues.

I put on a brave face each day and look for the positives and count my blessings.

Everybody suffers.

Thanks.