Daughter leaving

Old 01-17-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just want to update as I feel I should with all the support I get here. I did pay for a ticket for her to return here as she said she wanted to get help and KP does not have coverage in Michigan. Long story short she currently in inpatient detox atm. I'm disappointed in options available, but hope she gets a good stepping stone with this. When she went to Michigan she started using heroin, "super heroin", whatever that is. I spent the last 2 days in ER with her as she goes through withdrawal and now placed in detox. We shall see where this goes.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
Just want to update as I feel I should with all the support I get here. I did pay for a ticket for her to return here as she said she wanted to get help and KP does not have coverage in Michigan. Long story short she currently in inpatient detox atm. I'm disappointed in options available, but hope she gets a good stepping stone with this. When she went to Michigan she started using heroin, "super heroin", whatever that is. I spent the last 2 days in ER with her as she goes through withdrawal and now placed in detox. We shall see where this goes.
Just wanted to send you a message in solidarity.

I have a younger brother who is alcohol and drug addicted who was removed from the family home after physically assaulting my Mother while he was on one of his benders.

It was horrible to see the amount of guilt and grief that my Mother went through in the early days.

I hope things work out in the end, and I hope your daughter commits to her recovery.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Muunray.

Prayers will continue - for you and your daughter.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Muunray

D
Old 01-19-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I actually had a break down at work the other day- my supervisor took me into another room and was very kind to me. She understood where I was coming from. Her husband once was a meth addict and she went through the wringer but both came out stronger on the other side. My daughter supposed to be discharged Monday and I'm bending over backwards to get her into residential treatment which my insurance covers with a referral. Well the docs think she can do outpatient and haven't agreed to refer yet. I told them she has no place to go- how do you do outpatient when you living on the street. I have insurance that covers that -wth! I know why it's because they have to bite the bullet on it because it is out of the service...but it is an option in my insurance coverage. I understand when they say "studies show does not matter what type of program there is, it's the quality of the program and the person's desire to quit". She is so messed up, so immature, she needs a very structured environment for a bit longer. I would like 90 days but would settle for even 30. Why would they send someone back to the streets when that option is available?! So frustrated. And I understand this may not be the miracle I am hoping for...but I have insurance and she deserves a chance. For the first time ever she has realized she needs help.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sounds like she would benefit from a 90 day or. Even longer program, Muunray.
Hope it works out.
I can see that if she can only do outpatient she may want to move back in, which wouldn’t be good.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lesa

Granddaughter

My granddaughter is an alcoholic and drug addict and I had to kick her out at 18. I also blocked or no social medias and I will not take any of her phone calls until she gets her life together. From once in my life I got to think about myself and my peace and you should do the same