Lost...

Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost...

My husband is using drugs I knew 8 months ago but he said he would stop and he did for two months and now he is using again and the lies are killing me.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, Wonderwoman, for your situation.
You can always post here.
Do you have other forms of support?
You don't say what your husband is using, but, imo, drugs can get mighty expensive.
How about taking steps to protect yourself financially, as a start?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We do not share bank account so my financials are pretty safe.
I have counselling services through work that I'm waiting on. Otherwise my support feels very limited
Old 08-29-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband was also a drug user. I get it.

Take care of your own sanity. Read around the forums, there is a lot of good info at the top of the Family sections.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is good you have counseling services available to you, embrace any all support you can get.

You have us here as well, vent as much as you want, share as much as you want and most importantly know that you do not Cause him to use drugs, you cannot Cure his addiction and you cannot Control it.

Known as the 3 C’s in al-anon – another support group you might want to look into.

Addicts will go to great lengths to keep the flame of addiction burning; lies and manipulation become a matter of self-preservation for them. What I discovered in my own situation was that there was no truth while he was in active addiction.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My husband went to the city last night to check into a detox centre but then went to sleep at his sisters he was doing good detoxing at home till the dispare crept in I know he used last night because he had his appetite back and was feeling much better.
This morning I cleaned out his nightstand all the needles and other stuff are in the trunk of my car now I need to figure out where to take them.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My husband went to the city last night to check into a detox centre but then went to sleep at his sisters he was doing good detoxing at home till the dispare crept in I know he used last night.
Going to the city to check into detox sounded really good and hopeful to you right? That was the point of him saying it. I’m guessing all that was on his mind was getting high.

As for the drug paraphernalia see if your local police or county police have a take back program for drugs and needles and suck. They do not ask any questions, they just take the stuff and dispose of it properly.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He can't live with me and be a drug addict. If he isn't trying to get straight then we can't be together god I just love him so much
Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wonder Woman,
I'm so sorry you are having to experience this. Have you tried reaching out to NarAnon or Al-Anon? My home group is invaluable to me! You will meet people who have been right there where you are. They know, they understand.