Drinking again

Old 07-02-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking again

My brother is an alcoholic amd has been for the best part of 15 yeas and has been out of rehab for 3 months now. He started out for the 1st month drink free at home but then had a couple of drinks one night and then from there his drinking is gradually becoming a couple here and there a few times a week. We talk about his drinking but he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that this is a problem? He says I know what I'm doing it's not like I'm having big blow outs blah, blah, blah. I don't understand? Any support or advice I give is falling on deaf ears!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Angeleyes, Welcome to SR!

I am sorry to hear about your brother. Unfortunately, rehab is not a cure. It is only the very beginning of a lifetime of work that an addict or alcoholic must do to maintain sobriety.

Sadly, it does not sound as though your brother is done yet. It is entirely within his power to stop drinking, but it is entirely his decision to do so. I wish I had some magic words you could say to him to get him to realize how self-destructive he is being...but there are none.

When I first arrived at SR, I found this thread very eye-opening and very helpful. Please hang around, keep reading. You are among people who completely understand

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html