Meth around my kids

Old 06-11-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth around my kids

I learned recently that meth was being done in my grandmother's home where my grandma, mom, and brother live. My 2 year old daughter would go there some days to be babysat as well as my 4 (at the time) year old son after pre K let out. My brother got busted with a large amount of meth and charged with intent to sell. My grandmother got him out. My mother admitted to doing it one time with him. But she'd had meth sores for a couple months, I should have known. This is history repeating itself, but like an idiot, once again I fell for the bug bites story, just like when I was 10. I'm trying to watch a lot of self help stuff. I've got an appointment set up with a pscyhologist as I've had panic attacks since his bust and learning these things. I think about my sweet babies near it and I'm sick to my stomach.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Unsafe-- a boundary to set up? Meth and kids- very unsafe. Like a loaded gun. Good for YOU.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unsafe and illegal! I appreciate how angry and betrayed you must feel.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I'm sorry for what brings you here. Meth is super dangerous and scary. Definitely not something for children to be around and exposed to. I'm glad you are reaching out for help. Have you ever attended NarAnon or Al-Anon? I think that would be a huge help to you. Having face to face contact and support is so important. Please keep reading and posting!