AB went out after 1 year clean...

Old 04-01-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AB went out after 1 year clean...

I recently found out my AB went out. He'd been clean and going to AA meetings for almost a year. He took his 1 year chip a bit early (his sponsor told me) and went out for 30 hours, leaving his son alone, according to GF who's currently XGF. AB admitted to going out but not for how long. According to GF he went out 3 weeks earlier. This time she called CPS. They've been called before. He always fools them and any drug test.

Now here's the NEW thing... his sponsor said tell your son! And he did. He's 11. So I know there's a part of him that is trying hard to stay clean since now his son will know what his dad is doing if he goes out.

My parents will meet with my ABs sponsor soon. They live part of the year near him and part near me in another state. I don't think it will help tho. So I always worry about getting "that phone call"...

Just looking for any support and or guidance. Visiting soon but staying at our own place.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Troubled. Welcome. Try to support your nephew any way you can. Your brother will have to find his way back. I hope he does. Peace.