Meth

Old 10-21-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth

dealing with a loved one friend of mine struggling badly with a meth addiction. I love this person so much. Trying and doing good at stopping my enabling. But man it's hard to watch someone go through this. I told him I would help more when he decides to get help. *Sigh* I fear the worse and his bottom is deep. Great heart but broken human... sad
Old 10-22-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes....the bottom for a meth addict can be very deep indeed. I remember one time my son telling me "Mom I am dying! And YOU are letting it happen!" That cut me to the quick...because he was right. I had tried everything. But I finally had to let go or his addiction would kill me.

Most of the addicts I know who are in recovery have some kind of aha moment. Something clicks and they know that they have to get clean or die. Luckily, my son had a moment like that 15 months ago and he has been clean and sober.

It is horrible to watch someone you love struggle with addiction.

An addict in recovery once told me when my son was in the recovery/relapse cycle "Your son isn't done yet." I hope that your loved one is done soon.

Gentle hugs
KE