Two at once....need prayers

Old 07-20-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two at once....need prayers

Anyone have two at once? My first had 11 months under his belt and moving thru his program He found out his brother was badly wrapped up in addiction and needed inpatient. This turned into a trigger and now...two in rehab at the same time. As a mom, I have to say im thankful they reached for help.....but my heart is heavy and hurts in ways I didn't think were possible Feels like part of my soul is gone and never to be the same. I know its there fight to fight but I am hurting a great deal and just wanted to say it on this forum get it out and off my chest. Thanks for hearing me
Old 07-22-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

2 out of my 4 stepchildren are in active, out of control, addiction with heroin and crystal meth. They have not gotten to the point of being open to rehab. I'm sorry that you are where your at, there is great hope though, especially if they are both in treatment. You aren't alone. I hear you.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My one felt like 10 LOL. I am so sorry you are dealing with this, BUT it is great they are both seeking help. You need this time to catch your breath and get your bearings back. Sending hugs. JJ has been up down and all around, and has 8 months straight sobriety and will be graduating his program in one month.
That is when I will need to re-focus my commitment to not enable, worry and fret about what comes next.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending more prayers for you and your family, Again 2016. JJ's mom makes a good point (catch your breath and get your bearings back), and I will add encouragement for you to rest, gain strength, and regroup. I know it is not easy. I understand, having had one child in crisis for some years in the past.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much! I am trying to keep it together I have one more beautiful child under my roof and he deserves a mom in full committed to life and smiles and warmth and love.....
Old 07-26-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

again2016: Your children are fortunate to have a strong and loving parent in you. Hoping each day is better than the one before.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
again2016: Your children are fortunate to have a strong and loving parent in you. Hoping each day is better than the one before.

You as a mom there is no greater love... thank you for your amazing kind words
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

two in sober living different states, both seem to be ok for today......
need some help at this iop level with smokes and little money, hate this , never know what to do................................Wanna help when sober but so scary to send money and know if could not go where it needs to any thoughts???
Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I miss my boys so much...it s a rough mom night. Seeing people getting ready for school, feeling like what did I do wrong?? one son relapsed cause hes feeling guilty he taught younger to party with these lethal opiates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,both in recovery and I am thankful they are alive and well, I am.....I am scared a lot....
I wish I could take trips to see them but I have no money left from all the bills to get them the help they need, now not sure I can keep my house, anyone have these over whelming scared moments???????????? Sometimes I feel so lost but so hopeful...............I want them to live the life they deserve it can be so beautiful........
Old 08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dear Again, its always hard to "hope" again once a few months of good sobriety comes along. I talk to God quite often to ask him to take these thoughts of anxiety from me. I know its my codependency that is always worrying, always obsessing and cannot just BE.

I hope you are able to keep your house. I hope and pray you get some basic peace in knowing you have done exactly what you can control. You worked it out to get them into recovery. Now they can do the work.
I encourage you to keep the conversations going either via phone or letter or email (if they can get emails).

Hugs and prayers for you today.
TT
Old 08-27-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by again2016 View Post
anyone have these over whelming scared moments???????????? Sometimes I feel so lost but so hopeful...............I want them to live the life they deserve it can be so beautiful........
Understood. Prayers for you and your guys.

If it helps, I'll share that the overwhelming scared moments -- not experienced so much anymore (boundaries, acceptance, trust in HP).
Old 08-27-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs, Again...
Old 08-30-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks all appreciate it got to hear from both of them and feel little better. thanks for kind words and support...