Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Family Members of Addicts and Alcoholics (Parents, Sons and Daughters, Siblings)
Reload this Page >

This forum is specifically for family members. Parents, Sons and Daughters, Siblings, etc... This fo

This forum is specifically for family members. Parents, Sons and Daughters, Siblings, etc... This fo

Old 12-15-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Uh, "Code-Job" thanks for your concern . . . ha ha . . . in all of your recovery ESH, have you ever heard of "taking someone's inventory?" It's not cool. You took my inventory. You don't know me.

I started the thread because this particular forum was created for family members of alcoholics/addicts - and the reason it was created was because the other "Family & Friends" forum is overrun with people in voluntary relationships with alcoholics . . .

I did agree, after several people posted that perhaps people are finding this forum on Google - that it is no big deal - and I even copped to the fact that I was having control issues when I posted.

The fact that you went out of your way to take my inventory and that so many people then "liked" it just shows that there is no room for people who have different world views than conventional "recovery" perspectives. I hate to tell you, but 12-step is not the only way to deal with these issues (and if that program works for you, I am happy for you, but it does not work for me).

And yes, I am a "special snowflake" (put-down jargon from your favorite world view) - but then, so are you and so is everyone . . . we are all different and in my book, that is okay.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Noted Seek. I will work on not taking someone's inventory.

Take care of yourself.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Seek,

Have you tried "Secular Connections for Friends and Family" ? It is all non-12 step discussion the way I read the forum description.

I don't really know what is over there......just asking.

Jim
Old 12-23-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I thought this Forum was created for ppl like me...mommas
of active and recovering kids? Ha ha!
If I get just a snowflake of support, regardless of what Forum
I'm in, that's support I desperately needed.
Let it snow....
TF
Old 12-27-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you Carlotta ... I think it is important to have a wide array of experience, opinions, stories, helpful info and compassion. I am sorry for your losses, happy that you are mending the relationship with your mom, and understanding that though we never asked for this - it strengthens us.

And so we keep coming back, to help others as we have been helped by all of the compassionate people here, on all forums, regardless of forum intent.

Hugs and prayers to you dear one.
Joie
Old 12-28-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't think it matters much where we find recovery, it's what we do with the recovery we find that is the true benefit. If we only read what we want to read, if we only accept those who agree with us in every way...then we will remain unchanged and in trouble. Nothing changes if nothing changes, Seek.

If we reject people here, or forums, or methods of recovery we eliminate a huge resource of help. A wise person will embrace good things from all of this. A less than wise person will select only that which appeals to them and stay stuck right where they are.

We get to choose, so do you Seek. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

oddly enough, the last many threads ON this forum are about sons, brothers, other FAMILY relationships dealing with addiction, and yet Seek i don't see where you replied to a single one of them. bit of a double standard to put up a thread on what you feel this forum is for, and then not respond to any other posters dealing with their own issues regarding addiction. not sure exactly what is IS you seek...........