My gut is telling me something major is going to happen soon

Old 11-05-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My gut is telling me something major is going to happen soon

So, it's been exactly three months and one day since my B (substance abusing/addicted brother) was let out of jail to go stay with a family friend/caretaker under the condition that he remain compliant with his medications and with the house rules of friend/caretaker. It is said that 90% of addicts relapse within the first three months after last usage.

He has lost two jobs during this time. The first one he was working too slowly as the meds make him very lethargic and impact his executive functioning. The second job he lost a couple of weeks ago. He had gone off his meds, according to friend/caretaker, and did nothing but sit in the dark in his room for three days straight. Sounds like he lost his job as a consequence of going off the meds.

I am wary regarding the continued use of the two powerful meds he is on, as the medical consensus is that substance induced psychosis will subside after three months of being "clean." That being said, no one knows for sure if he hasn't relapsed during these past three months.

Anyway, friend/caretaker said to me that she thinks he "needs long term care" and I had a feeling that things were not going so well between them. This was a couple of days ago. This evening, I got a text from B asking me for our sister's phone number. I can only imagine that he wants to call her to ask her to live there. She works full time and has a one year old son, so that is not happening.

I have a really bad feeling. My intuition ends up being right 99% of the time. I hope this is one of the 1%.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

praying for you.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About an hour or so after the text from B asking for sister's phone number, she posted a couple of photos on facebook of him and our nephew. Great photos, too.. He looks healthy and happy. I am glad that this was a false alarm. I should probably adjust my track record.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Can't blame you-can't blame any of us for being paranoid.

Take care of you, lots of hugs.