Vivitrol shot

Old 09-30-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vivitrol shot

Anyone loved one do the vivitrol shot? Mine is getting one today looking for stories or feedback.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it is the shot I am thinking of - I have a friend who's son did it. He would get a shot once a month. He did fantastic on it and has been clean over a year now! I think it might be expensive though if you do not have insurance.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Arin,

My daughter had the Vivitrol shot after 1 month in detox / rehab. It is expensive @ about $800. per monthly dose. My daughter only had one shot and then she decided not to get any more. Stayed clean for almost 21 months, then relapsed due to very odd circumstances - back in rehab now.

Generally speaking, the fact that the rehab doctors are willing to administer this drug is a positive sign and speaks well of the attitude of your loved one because.....

Vivitrol is an opiate blocker, if the person has the shot and then goes ahead and uses -- they don't get high and hopefully they give up trying.

Unfortunately, some are very determined to get high and will use excessive quantities of opiates -- they don't get high, but are still able to overdose -- respiritory system shuts down.

Good luck to your loved one!

Jim