Monday!!

Old 08-24-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RacLon

Monday!!

My husband has trouble with alcohol and opiates/narcotics. His drug habit has gotten completely out of hand. He is so depressed and feels helpless. He has finally become ready to go to rehab. He called last week and they called him back today. They have a bed available MONDAY!!! We are both so very excited for him to go, but obviously in the meantime he will have to keep doing what he's doing so that he's not sick. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But it's hard for me to sit there and watch him when he is clearly high. Like I'm saying it's ok or something.
Some words of encouragement to get me to Monday?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am not sure I have words of encouragement exactly, but he doesn't have to keep using until Monday. If he is ready to stop, the fear of being sick (my guess is he uses heroin?) shouldn't stop him from quitting--that is what will happen in rehab, unless he goes right on methadone.

You don't have to allow it in your home. An ER doctor gave my daughter some meds to help with nausea and a racing heart (blood pressure meds) when she was ready to quit and had to wait for a rehab bed. This is a good time for you to do what you need to do for your own recovery, as well. I wish you all the best.