Insane with worry Let Go??? How???

Old 06-23-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Insane with worry Let Go??? How???

Hi... been a member a really long time, but haven't posted for a long time... I got sober in 2000... I have 4 children... the two oldest have had 2 DUI's yrs back... they are functioning alcoholics... one was sober in AA for 4 months, but now doesn't think he has a problem... that was years back...he spent time in jail for his DUI's and wrote me letter in jail about how sorry he was... the other ended up in jail for 2 wks, house arrest, etc.... yrs back also... many things they have done since then show they have a problem with alcohol... and they smoke pot ... the 3rd child smokes pot constantly... they all have experienced seeing me abused and the younger two have been abused by their father... I could say so much more but I'm sure your get the picture...As their mom my heart is broken and I feel their pain... (although they say "mom we're fine") Anyway what I'm posting about is I have constant High Anxiety from worrying about them all all the time, and my heart is breaking, I feel as though all this worry and anxiety is going to kill me from a broken heart ....I have such high anxiety I can't even function.... SO WHERE DO I START.... to let go... etc... I know I beat myself, blame myself, etc because they saw my example... in my drinking days... the 3 C's... didn't cause it??? I feel like I did.... HELP please keep them in your prayers
Old 06-23-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello rejoice,
My prayer - God, I pray for rejoice always and her family. I pray that you send your ministering angels to watch over each of them now. I pray that your Holy Spirit speak to each of them now, in the way that only you know how to speak into each of them ... that you will direct them to a path of wholeness & restoration to you God, and within their family. If there is any demonic attachment, I pray those entities be commanded before you now, to give an account of their actions and the strongholds they have, that those strongholds be broken by the blood of Your Son. I pray that you speak to rejoice always and bring that peace that surpasses all understanding. Call her to a path of effective prayer, and actions that only you can set in place for the restoration of every member of her family. I pray this in Jesus name, in agreement with rejoice always. Amen.

Rejoice, in AA there is a term often repeated, 'just Turn it Over'. Well sometimes 'just Turn it Over' just doesn't happen because we are told we should do it. However, in AA we do have the tools to do the work, that does accomplish being able to 'Turn it Over'. Call your Sponsor, discuss the situation with friends or other members in a meeting, ask other AA members to pray with you .. and WORK the Steps specific to this situation. Meticulously go thru EACH step, working these issues on each step, especially the 4th & 5th Step.

Keep posting, and you can always send a PM.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous, and FREE ... and it took working the steps to get here
Old 06-23-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks RDB for the prayer... the verse "and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will be yours in Christ Jesus" has been coming up here and there... and I have been praying that verse... asking God for his peace...

and the 1st step Powerlessness ... right now, I don't really like hearing that but I'm praying for the acceptance to except powerlessness over my children's actions. Four of my friends have lost one of their children, so that ups my worry of loosing one of mine uugggg ... So I fear the future and regret the past... I have to some how learn again to live in the moment...
Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Rejoice!

Did you drink for anxiety? Did the anxiety go away when you stopped? Now it is back in regards to your kids or is it triggered by other issues too? Have you been tracking your anxiety levels?

I'd really talk to your doctor about the anxiety with the caveat you need to be very open to what level you feel comfortable being prescribed meds for anxiety. Maybe seeing a counselor, meditation and yoga could help too?

If I want to get anxiety out of my head, I run or spin. But I also have used counseling and meditation.

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi codejob, I drank at a very early age... I guess cause my mom did and she was emotionally unavailable... so I suppose it was nerves, my mom says I was always complaining of a stomache ache... alcohol helped all that at the time... when I got sober OH WOW panic attachs where hell.... I got through and stayed sober... and I do take something for anxiety but doesn't really help... I am going through the empty nest, single and living in a high rise, and It is depressing ... although when I first moved I really tried to accept it ... to no avail.... I cant work (injured back) oh how I wish I could work ugg!!! I'm 56 and feel like I have no purpose, empty, hopeless... I tried looking up groups for empty nesters.... on Meetup.com... not much, they have all kinds of groups, but most drink... and I'm not going there.... pushing myself to walk, clean, anything to keep busy... but I think I need a really good counselor... I had one back in 1998 She saved my life... she really had a gift ... the next to just didn't help... I'm seem to be stuck... its a battle everyday to fight the worry fear and what if's... and drains the energy right out of me.... stuck in negative thoughts... I do try and think positive.... but its a constant fight in my head uuugggg
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me, letting go is never an event, it's a process.

It's starts with accepting that no matter how much, how often, or how intensely I worry about something, I have no control over other people, places, or things.

Then I actively work to take my focus off of others and on to me. I think about what I am going to eat today, how can I make one healthier choice, do I have time for a walk? What about a bubble bath or a pedicure? Can I take time to lose myself in some activity I enjoy -- reading, watching Netflix, coffee with a friend.

Letting go doesn't happen because we hope it will, or by magic. It's a participatory process that begins with acceptance. Sending you strength and courage to accept those around you.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rejoice, you have God given talents that can be of use to others - I suggest finding a volunteer position. Maybe at your local Senior Center, or food bank, or animal shelter, or at a local school. You don't need to have physical abilities to be of use - if you can use a computer and a phone, you are needed somewhere.

You've heard it said - get out of your own head. I know mine isn't a safe place at times.

((Blessings & Peace))