I fell in love with a Crack Addict.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell in love with a Crack Addict.

I don't know where to begin, I've been reading a lot of the posts day after day, since I found out my boyfriend has an addiction. At that point I was lost. I didn't want to let him go cause I thought we can get through this together.

As a child he grew up in the urban area and both his mom and dad We're addicts also. He never had proper guidance In his life. In and out of jail and he would have his binges. (As he told me the stories). We were already 4 months into our relationship.

When I firat met my A, it was a very rare experience but after a month almost 2, he finally won me over. I already knew his past but I really didn't know him until I finally gave him a chance. I saw something in him, a desire, a want to make a change and live a great life "the right way". He enrolled in college full time, got a great job and I saw this once street guy, becoming a man. (All of this is prior to me knowing my A had an addiction.

One day I got him a new cell phone and let him borrow my sons lab top and for a month everything was great, than one day he disappeared, shut his phone and didn't hear from him for almost 2 days. I didn't know what happened. Than he showed up at my job and I was leaving and he came clean and told me everything, including the fact that he sold the phone and labtop. ( this happened 4 months into our relationship ). He knows the type of person I am and he knows I will not tolerate stuff like that. I am a divorced mom of 1 one and I refuse to bring that type of behavior into my home, especially with a young influential child.
After that he was doing great, working, going to school, etc. He always gave me his checks. I handled all the money.
We've been together now over a year and throughout the year he messed up 3x and each time was another promise. He Does so well every 3-4 months of staying away from the crack. Than something happens, he gets depressed, he gets stressed, etc...
Yesterday everything was great and all of a sudden
Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh. This is all too familiar. My ex didn't let me in, to the dark side until almost a year into our relationship and I was heartbroken. He was abused emotionally, physically and sexually, but like yours, he bettered himself. I stuck by his side since day 1. I stayed through thick and thin, minus our drunken fights, we had an amazing connection and relationship. It was the booze that broke us. Now, I've been over a month sober and trying to get back what we and I once had... but reading so many posts about past relationships? I'm so close to just throw in the towel bec. it's my sobriety on the line now and I've come too far. I just wish I could get the amazing back but that might just be a fantasty now. Sad.