I got "the call" -No Place to Stay (again)

Old 04-11-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

It's a beautiful day here in my world, too. The kind of day that soothes the soul.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Update: Freedom Ranch road trip starts at 7:30 AM Pacific tomorrow. His only request was boxers and foot powder LOL! I am throwing in McDonalds Sausage McMuffin sandwich deal as a "bonus" LOL.

Loves to all.
TT
Old 05-02-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello and thanks for sharing!
This is a pretty interesting read for me for a couple reasons.
I'm always curious to know other parents perspectives and reactions dealing with alcoholic/addict children. Although I've upset my parents consistently for the past 5 years of my alcoholism, I couldn't/wouldn't understand how they viewed me or what I was doing to them emotionally.

The second reason is that I am about to become a mum myself to a son. I like to hear different experiences in case my son ever falls victim to the disease like I did. Thinking years ahead I know, but with addiction so rampant and kids subjected to substances and the wrong things at younger ages, I feel like the best way to handle it is through preparation.
I admire all parents who have had to deal with kids like myself. Lol. Alcoholic adult children, or kids in general are not easy.
I can't say there is a right or wrong way, as long as you never give up. It's possible to give in, but never give up.
Kudos to you for being smart and following your beliefs in what you think is right. Best of luck!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Calypso! Congratulations to you for your blessed pregnancy! A mother will NEVER stop loving her child, no matter what.