my ad

Old 02-25-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my ad

thanks for all the kind words, I cant begin to say how helpful they are. This will be day 2 for me disconnecting from my ad, im just waiting for the text to start and the manipulation to start. I never fully realized how I was enabling her until I read the stories here. It hurts thinking of her on the streets in our frigid climate, but I now realize giving her shelter is like giving her drugs. staying strong.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

thank you for touching base winter. my thoughts and prayers are with you... please let us know how you are doing.

have you any face to face support? a friend or family member to lean on or have you considered alanon/naranon meetings or therapy? i ask because meetings and therapy have really helped me stay off the crazy train. it was here at SR that i learned just how much i had been neglecting my own well being by obsessing over my son. i find meetings helpful as sharing with family/friends isn't easy and not always helpful to me because if you haven't experienced this world it is almost impossible to understand.

self care was a new concept to me... i started slow - a hot bath, a good book, a new haircut, a solitary walk on the beach, meditation...

be kind to yourself today...
Old 02-25-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

If she starts texting have numbers ready to text her of places she can call for help.
You can throw her that lifeline and give her the choice to use them.

I think we all know what you're going through so please know you aren't alone.
We are all here to support you and hope and pray your daughter stays safe.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

"I love you and I have confidence that you will figure things out" always seems like a good thing to say if you feel the need to respond to any texts once you give her some places for help as MG suggested.

I'm glad you are checking in and hope you can practice some self love and self care during this difficult time.