Detox again

Old 04-05-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear this ilovemysonjj. Of course you would be sad - hope and dreams are dashed. But he had to have seen and learned a few things while he was there. Strategies he could apply if he wants to recover. Maybe a deeper understanding of addiction and himself.

Keep praying, keep believing in God's mercy. Pray for the prodigal to come to his senses.

It's what I must do, too.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I need prayers for my peace. I slept for three hours last night, then up all night with a knot in my chest and racing heart. I am so sad, but I also know deep in my heart this is not my problem. MY problem is choosing to let him go and live his life as he chooses. Its so hard because I got an amazing letter from him dated 3-29, and then 6 days later, he leaves the program. I hope and pray I see his face again on this earth as a clean and sober man. Love to all of us, this is so devastating. Detaching is really the only thing that will save my sanity.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry ilovemysonjj.

When my son is alone and lost in his addiction I sing this prayer and
it helps me get my emotions out and helps me turn it over as much as
I can. Sometimes we have to release that knot in our stomachs with
some deep grieving.

I pray for all our loved ones and pray for strength and peace.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Teresa, I cannot adequately express how sorry I am that you are on the roller coaster again. It is hell, and it is unfair. Will pray for peace for you, and for all of us. Please stay strong. Yes, I agree that the hippie analogy would be helpful - I often wish for that myself.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Teresa, I am so very sorry. Please know that you are in my heart and my prayers. We are here for you!!!!

Hugs!
Old 04-06-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

UPDATE: JJ was on Facebook and I asked him what he is doing now that he chose to leave Salvation Army. Apparently his "friend" (a 34 year old mother of 2) is giving him a place to stay "temporarily". Can someone say train wreck? He is trying to get a job and knows he has to report to probation on Wednesday. I am pissed that I get the weak, detoxing shriveled up user and others get him when he is in fighting form. His new picture with the girl, he looks so good and healthy. I told him to make something happen on his OWN and live up to his potential. I need to step way way BACK! Time will tell if he avoids a probation violation on Wednesday and actually starts to pay us back like he is supposed to as a part of his probation term. I pray he really does what he is saying, but it is not certain for sure. I do NOT want to meet her and get involved in any of their drama. I hope he treats her better than the last girlfriend.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post

some deep grieving.

That is simply beautiful. Thank you. I listened 5 times in a row.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post

some deep grieving.

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
UPDATE: JJ was on Facebook and I asked him what he is doing now that he chose to leave Salvation Army. Apparently his "friend" (a 34 year old mother of 2) is giving him a place to stay "temporarily". Can someone say train wreck? He is trying to get a job and knows he has to report to probation on Wednesday. I am pissed that I get the weak, detoxing shriveled up user and others get him when he is in fighting form. His new picture with the girl, he looks so good and healthy. I told him to make something happen on his OWN and live up to his potential. I need to step way way BACK! Time will tell if he avoids a probation violation on Wednesday and actually starts to pay us back like he is supposed to as a part of his probation term. I pray he really does what he is saying, but it is not certain for sure. I do NOT want to meet her and get involved in any of their drama. I hope he treats her better than the last girlfriend.
I am so sorry for your pain. My son of 21 first time out of rehab hooked up with one of the girls at rehab. 30 yr old with one kid. She taught how to put checks in the Mac against an account with no money. Sheer ********. Bad influence as well. Called him honey and on and on. Strength to you.on stepping back darling. Hardest thing ever. I hate this freakin disease. Hugs to you.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do NOT want to meet her and get involved in any of their drama.
I can't tell you how much I hate meeting new girlfriends.
It's always horrible and they think I'm horrible.
There is never a way to explain what I've been through.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So sorry for this roller coaster, Teresa. Wishing you serenity.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers and hugs for peace to you and your JJ! I'm just so sorry to hear that he left his SA program...

That is a wonderful song, MG, but I can't listen to it much anymore. I've cried and cried buckets of tears over that song in the car while driving.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sorry to have missed this post a couple of days ago, Teresa. I am even more sorry to hear about JJ leaving SA. The roller coaster is too much for us to bear again after all we have been through. Perhaps try to imagine yourself on the ground next to it, then looking away, then taking a few steps back, heading towards a more "manageable" fair ride. I am a fan of old-fashioned carousels...I can manage those ups and downs.

I am sending you a big hug and as much energy as you need to breathe and let him go. Do whatever you need to do to get a good night's rest, too. Exhaustion from stress is really hard on our bodies. AdvilPM? Chamomile tea? Thinking of you today...
Old 04-07-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello family. I feel much better today. I slept like a log and actually feel that I have some peace now that I am aware of his situation. He has to figure this out on his own. His attitude is everything. If he realizes that sobriety = abstaining, going to meetings, working, taking care of his responsibilities and he pulls it off, then this is a huge confidence booster. If not, then nothing changed for him.
I have no more lessons to give him. I do love him and I am jealous that this woman gets the best of my son (at least when he is sober).
Okay, now that I said that, I do feel more free because God continues to shine in my heart and I must TRUST in Him. Our remaining family (two other kids, hubby and my brother) are headed to Cabo for my hubby's 50th birthday in a few weeks. Time for ME to lose the belly so I can show up in something less than a mumu for my time on the beach LOL! I am Thankful for my family and for SR. We are all walking together. Loves to everyone!
Teresa
Old 04-07-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Teresa...glad you slept.. So hard to do at times. You sound like your on a good page today. Glad to hear that Enjoy trip ! we do walk together.