back to the sidelines

Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to the sidelines

i am really new to this, however i realize how good at lying to me my daughter is and that makes me realize i am not that new to all of this, i was just not totally dealing with it.

After coming back the night i returned from a silent retreat to stay with me, say she needed rehab, struggle it out in my house, bring the cat even, now my daughter is only answering texts about recipes. i don't think she is working, she has had such a good work track record and was starting to make progress. she has not gone to any meetings, stopped responding when i asked her about finding a counselor, she has simply gone silent and so since she is a grownup and i have no evidence that there is anything life threatening i guess i just sit here.

i am kinda freaking out in the middle of the night about this. i have a declining income due to kids growing up and child support going away, however they have all had rude awakenings when they figure out i don't have the means to help them that i used to. i am concerned that she is simply out of touch or expecting support i really don't have the means for, and i just need to sleep
Old 02-12-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning, equanamama! I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

I really hate the middle-of-the-night freak outs with the wondering and worrying. As you say, your daughter is a grown-up. As much as I may hate my stepson's choices, the cold hard fact is that he is in his mid-30's and has to figure this out on his own.

I hope your daughter finds a better path and soon! I hope the same for my stepson and all our family members.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sending you good wishes on this equanamama...just read today...but it is the story of my life...with 5 living children all 20 and above now...and even the ones that aren't using or, as they say, just drink...they all deserve the chance to grow up and become adults...even though with my 22 year old active addict (yes, she did all those things with me...I found a way to come back from south american and work...so I could look for her in the streets in 2013)--then had to learn that she was still using, used throughout and was just trying to find a warm place during the winter months and until her boyfriend got out of jail.

I fell for it and a big part of what I have been going through since is all of that...and realizing that she was not interested in anything but a warm place to use. You need your sleep...I have been sleep deprived for 2 weeks...and it has been terrible...I have taken meds...since my first daughter used...19 years ago...and bless my doctor's heart...he told me I HAD to sleep. He is not a pushover...in fact kind of a harda**, like me on any kind of meds...due to the fear of addiction...but he made it clear that without sleep...we cannot function.

Hadn't realized that until my meds had to go unfilled for the last two weeks.

You matter.