Things we can do for us

Old 02-11-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes KariSue, my grandson is my treasure. He can turn the isolation tears of hurt into
tears of happiness, addiction has taken so much from me, from my children...but this
little guy puts that smile back on my face and can distract me long enough to silence
that constant AV, that voice in my mind that can freeze up my day. Life is worth it to me as I gaze at him, the wonder of a child, an innocent child.
TF
Old 02-11-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so embarrassed I have gone for mu own therapy for my hubbys addiction in hopes of helping myself. it did work but he relapsed and lied to me about doing it after finding the cans. all the couple therapy and individual therapy went out the window at this point. it triggered the lies he used to due before. I am really down and calling him while he is rehab almost everyday asking him why he relapsed and why lie again. another stab to my heart. he is mad at me for calling him there and I am mad at him for his actions. all to say I think of him and the situation constantly. I am unable to detach again. I was proud of myself before this incident I was getting back to myself again. he does not understand and has not admitted his relapse to the therapists. I am the crazy insecure wife!!!
anyone know about le portage rehabilitation for addicts in montreal
Old 02-12-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi saffire.

I am sorry your heart hurts and sorry you've had a set back with detachment.
I always have a hard time after a relapse. It knocks me off my feet for a short time and I have to find my balance again. Your husband might not even have the answers for why he relapsed or why he lies about it. They teach relapse prevention in rehab so maybe he will learn and be able to answer your questions later.

Calling him every day asking the questions will probably just cause you a lot of frustration. Maybe it would be better to work though those questions with your therapist. I know that therapy has helped me gain insight into the actions of others. My son's rehab had family night and we got to ask our questions and express our anger and emotions. That was really helpful.

You just had a rug pulled out from under you so don't be hard on yourself or embarrassed. We've all been there.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Saffire,
(((Hug)))
From a few thousand SR family members
TF