Blogs

Tinderbox

Old 03-22-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tinderbox

Being cooped up in the house with all of this extra food is hard. I am not working, due to a mandatory state shut down, and home all day long. My husband has never had food or weight issues, so when he went food shopping (hoarding, to be honest) it is the most discusting amount of junk imaginable. I am so on edge, and the constant thoughts of I am bored, I want to eat X..I cant eat X or I will feel like dirt. The ED voice will not shut up.

I did go shopping for produce, but the shelf life is pretty short.

I quit smoking 8 months ago. Not being home made that much easier, so that is another battle I am fighting.

My program tells me I seized fighting anything and everyone, and it's becoming the opposite. All of my meetings are shuttered, but booze is flowing out of what is left open. I do not want to drink. I hope that urge does not creep up on me too. I am spending a lot of time on my basement treadmill...probably too much. Its March in the midwest, so it is cold.

Everything about this COVID 19 is stressful. And I'm stressed to be stressed when I see and hear what is happening in Italy. I have limited my amount of news and internet.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks for letting me share/vent/rant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Libby06 For This Useful Post:
Anaya (05-03-2020), LadyBug66 (04-15-2020), Neagrm (05-24-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can definitely relate.

I should be grateful I'm alive and well and that things are not too bad here right now - but I am at risk if I get sick, and the fear of getting this thing and not making it through is pretty real the last couple of days...

I'm bouncing around from positive to panic finding it hard to find my footing at the moment...but I hope that won't last long.

We humans are adaptable creatures

I have a duty to myself and others to be as ready as I can be for whatever is coming - and that means taking care of myself.

I can do that - I think you can do it too Libby

D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Anaya (05-03-2020), LadyBug66 (04-15-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lost & Found

I can relate

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
Being cooped up in the house with all of this extra food is hard. I am not working, due to a mandatory state shut down, and home all day long. My husband has never had food or weight issues, so when he went food shopping (hoarding, to be honest) it is the most discusting amount of junk imaginable. I am so on edge, and the constant thoughts of I am bored, I want to eat X..I cant eat X or I will feel like dirt. The ED voice will not shut up.

I did go shopping for produce, but the shelf life is pretty short.

I quit smoking 8 months ago. Not being home made that much easier, so that is another battle I am fighting.

My program tells me I seized fighting anything and everyone, and it's becoming the opposite. All of my meetings are shuttered, but booze is flowing out of what is left open. I do not want to drink. I hope that urge does not creep up on me too. I am spending a lot of time on my basement treadmill...probably too much. Its March in the midwest, so it is cold.

Everything about this COVID 19 is stressful. And I'm stressed to be stressed when I see and hear what is happening in Italy. I have limited my amount of news and internet.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks for letting me share/vent/rant.
I thankfully live alone so no worries about someone else bringing in food I wont be able to resist.
I feel for you on that one. Im actually ready to pick up smoking, although the last time I spoked was decades ago. But with myself Im wanting to replace one vice with another, for me all of them are interchagable it seems. Im cooped up with no where to go like the rest of us. As of 2 weeks ago I started doing one project around my place adter another, only to have all these unfininhed projects
now starring me in the face 😟.
So yes, im with ya 100%.
Hope you find a positive outlet before you wear your treadmill rubber out..lol ( you did say treadmill..??)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle106 For This Useful Post:
Anaya (05-03-2020), LadyBug66 (04-15-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here. I am immune deficient so I have been in my house for 3 weeks. My husband has been doing the grocery shopping and has also been bring in junk food and I have been eating it all! It's funny he thinks Little Debbie snack cakes are safer to eat than fruit because people are handling the fruit! LOL I made a list of fresh fruits and vegetables and he went to the store today and got them. Yay! He also got more Little Debbie snack cakes!!!! I told him he has to keep them in his sock drawer! LOL and that's where he put them! LOL I have started walking again and trying to get my 10,000 steps in a day and that is helping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug66 For This Useful Post:
Anaya (05-03-2020), Neagrm (05-24-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Yep, I can do that too. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings. I hope things are trending down in your cases over there. Getting older stinks sometimes, and I fear for my health and my husband's as well with this virus.

Michelle, I'm a Michelle too! I hope you don't smoke after all these years. It's so hard to quit. I once quit for 6 months, and it took me a brain aneurysm and 15 years to quit this time. I still miss it, but it's so bad for us. My vises keep finding new ways to come out too. Still beating feet on the treadmill, but getting out in the yard with my shepherd to breakup my sore feet lol. Totally feel you on the projects. I now have 2 half painted dressers and one side of some doors painted. I get bored and start painting something new while one thing dries and it is now painting chaos.

Ladybug. Yes, exactly that! So much little Debbie's, and oreos and ice cream. The man does not gain a pound. Lucky duck. I made him move it all to his smoking office. Aka garage. All my temptations in one location that is off limits, except the ice cream.Mine bought me fruit as well. But weird stuff... a kumquat...really? An A for effort tho!

I'm so glad you guys are here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Libby06 For This Useful Post:
Anaya (05-03-2020), LadyBug66 (04-15-2020), Neagrm (05-24-2020)