Why is sane eating (or abstinence) important to you? - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2019, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Train Robbery

Why is sane eating (or abstinence) important to you?

I'll need to take my DOT exam in 5 weeks, and I need to appear healthy for 15 minutes or so. That's the failure that's utmost in my mind right now.

The exam includes a pulmonary function test, and certain foods make it hard for me to breathe.

Of course I also want to continue to eat with sanity for all kinds of health reasons, and because I think my Higher Power wants me to.

I also have to climb on top of the trailer to check the washout caps, which are towards the front and the rear of the trailer. Some guys just walk across the catwalk, I can't. I get up there with my knee pads and crawl across. I notice a big difference in my ability to move and turn around when I haven't been eating right.

I feel like a student procrastinating on a term paper.

There's still time to get the biology in order, said the same thing three weeks ago, and at the beginning of the year, and at the beginning of last December, November...

I keep thinking about the story(ies) in the Big Book where the dude put together a lucrative deal and then had a drink the day before.

I'm having a tough time with it right now. I know I should be hanging out here more. I'm trying to get rid of some distractions and pray and meditate more.

Anyhow please share your reasons, you know, if you want to.
HankHaloperidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Prayer and meditation sounds good. There’s no better time than today to start living the healthier lifestyle. Sometimes we have to forget about previous failures. The one thing we can do is try to do our best for today and moving forward. You’ve got this Hank!
AtomicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicBlue For This Useful Post:
HankHaloperidol (04-04-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Train Robbery

I forgot to mention the medicine that costs $850 per month I don't want to take anymore, I'd rather use that money to pay off the credit cards that I racked up buying medicine.
HankHaloperidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

I feel for you. Why is sane eating important to me. I feel so much better that is why. I can concentrate ,not nearly as tired and my blood sugar is steady which helps with depression. I wish you all the best.
Bethany57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bethany57 For This Useful Post:
HankHaloperidol (04-16-2019)