Bulimia and amino acid therapy and supplements - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Bulimia and amino acid therapy and supplements

Can anyone help me?

I have a 20 year old daughter that Iíve just discovered is bulimic (she also has PTSD from bullying).

She will not see a doctor, take medicine or go to counseling. She is just coming out of a really bad cycle.

She is open to somethings and we are working together on a self help cognitive therapy thing I found online.

She is also open to amino acid therapy and supplements. Can anyone give me some advice here or tell me their personal experience in this area.

At present we are taking or will take

Vitamin B Complex
Zinc
Inositol
St johnís Wort
5-HTP
Magnesium
L-glutamine
Fish oil
Multi vitamin

Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2019, 04:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
totfit

You have probably done some research, but make sure that 5-HTP and St. John's Wort are not contraindicated. I personally take a good multi-vitamin, fish oil, and 5-HTP. I found that pretty much covered all the bases for me personally.
totfit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to totfit For This Useful Post:
Midton (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by totfit View Post
You have probably done some research, but make sure that 5-HTP and St. John's Wort are not contraindicated. I personally take a good multi-vitamin, fish oil, and 5-HTP. I found that pretty much covered all the bases for me personally.
Appreciate the reply. I have done and am doing research basically from a start point of zero knowledge. Iíve been on this site for years and at last my addictive personality is kind of paying dividends as I throw myself into research for my daughterís sake.

I note and agree about your concern about 5-htp and st johnís Wort. Iíll only be giving her the 5-htp. I ordered in haste and panic but am now aware of these dangers.