Blogs

Deposits and withdrawals

Old 05-14-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Deposits and withdrawals

Thoughts after Katrina

“The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. Though hail flattens the forest and the city is leveled completely, how blessed you will be sowing your seed by every stream, and letting your cattle and donkeys range free.”
ISAIAH 32:17-20 NIV

What words of confidence and assurance I find coming from the prophet Isaiah. Even if a natural disaster flattens the forest and levels the city, we will still be blessed when we sow our seed by every stream. When you make a trip to your spiritual bank today please deposit these words. It will be a rather large deposit so I suggest that at the same time you withdraw a little of the “peace” to take with you. Later on if you are feeling insecure in any way you can withdraw some of the “secure homes and undisturbed places of rest.” An “undisturbed place of rest,” now there’s something to invest in with your withdrawal. Last night early in the evening I felt a little tired after attending my Wednesday study group. I went to bed fairly early and was up fairly early. I experienced a wonderful undisturbed rest, this doesn’t happen every night. Today as I deposited this scripture in my spiritual bank I realized how last night I had drawn from the undisturbed rest guaranteed us by God. The reason I say that this is a large deposit to make is because even if we loose everything like the hurricane victims, we will be blessed as we sow our seed by every stream. You can take that to the bank! As I watched the news last night I saw this gentleman who was sleeping under a big blue tarp. He was on his property and all around him there was nothing but debris, this was his home and his possessions. His mother had had a small store near their home and she lost her life during the storm. As the news program closed the segment they showed the man lighting a lamp, reclining on a cot under his blue tarp, and his words were “I am blessed.” Wow, what a statement. Somewhere this gentleman had made a deposit in his spiritual bank and when he needed it, it was there. He was not broke. I see him as being very, very rich indeed. I saw him as sowing his seeds by the stream of television that just happened by. He will have a harvest that abounds in all directions. I am part of his harvest today and he does not even know it. Also his cattle and donkeys will range free, what a blessing to know that he will prosper. The man has a large account in his spiritual bank. May I learn to go to the bank each day to transact with deposits and withdrawals. Then God will do for me what I could not do for myself…………..toad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toad For This Useful Post:
2ndhandrose (05-14-2020), Anaya (05-16-2020), Astro (05-14-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Happy Birthday Toad!
The Following User Says Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
toad (08-10-2020)