God-talk - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile

God-talk

GOD-TALK

I can remember numerous times throughout my life when God has spoken to me about something that I was dealing with in my llife. However, have I ever heard a physical voice roaring down from the skys above like thunder from a mighty storm just as the blinding rays of light from the sun pierced through the shallow coves of clouds that pillowed the skys? No. Not Quite. I dont live on the set of a Hollywood Film and I am not alludeing to the form of speech we are most commonly familiar with.
We all know that there are many ways of communicating with one another in the physical form, whether it be through our body language, through verbal speech, art, music, etc. So why is it sometimes so difficult for us humans to identify the miraculous things that are happening all around us each and every day as a form of communication from our Higher Power?
Each and every day that we wake up, and breathe in the air that is so perfectly created for our extremely complex and sophisticated bodies to survive on, should be considered a gift from God and that in itsself is worthy of giving thanks. Everyday that we wake up I feel like God is sending us a message saying, “Hello! I am gifting you with another day of life, What are you going to do with it today that will Glorify Me?” That is what I feel like God is speaking to me every day that I wake up. God has many ways of speaking to his beloved children and today, God has spoken to me.
I am currently in an intensive inpatient rehabiliitation program in Long Beach, CA for Substance Abuse Recovery. I dont want to get into the specifics as to why I am here right now, for I feel that it is more important to focus on the subject at hand which I am going to label as “GODTALK”.
Yesterday, I was informed that I have to appear in court in NY, NY on Monday. Today is Thursday, which not only gives me very little time to prepare for my upcoming trip to the opposite side of the country, but automatically, its also naturally adds an enormous amount of stress and anxiety to my plate. I am told that I have to appear before a Federal Criminal Justice Judge for a court hearing regarding recent activity in the evolvement of my current ongoing legal situation which stems back to over 3 years ago. 3 years ago, back when I was not living a life in which honored God at all but rather a life that was consumed by drug addiction and criminal activity. A lot has changed over the past few years however, I am happy to say that today I am sober and working very hard to re-align my life with Gods plan for me.
As I am sitting here this morning fretting over this upcoming trip and the many different possible outcomes that could come of it, I begin to glance over at the bookshelf next to me and subconciously start reading the different book titles in line. I am drawn to a devotion book from the year 2014 titled “Daily Guideposts”. Its no surprise to me why I was drawn to this book as I am a 2 Tour Combat Veteran from the United States Marine Corps and this paperback pocketsize deovtion book is covered in digi-camoflauge which is exactly the same design as our camoflauge uniforms were while I was serving. I flip to todays date, March 28th, and I begin to read.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” --Matthew 6:34--

I read the devotion which was powerful in itself and Then the closing scripture read;

Don't worry about ANYTHING; instead, PRAY about EVERYTHING. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” --Philippians 4:6--

How could I possibly ignore this message which was being sent from God, to Me?

I KNOW GOD SPEAKS TO ME. AND IF I KNOW THAT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS, THEN WHY WOULD I NEED TO HEAR HIS PHYSICAL VOICE WHEN ACTIONS ARE SCREAMING ALL AROUND ME?

-GODTALK-
ECOASTMARINE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
ECOASTMARINE87 found treatment at SAFE REFUGE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECOASTMARINE87 For This Useful Post:
Astro (03-29-2019), Offthemast (04-02-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice! Thanks for posting, and all the best with your legal issues.
apollo986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apollo986 For This Useful Post:
Astro (03-29-2019), ECOASTMARINE87 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for posting! It's amazing, isn't it, how patient He is with us, and how good we are at blocking it all out? You sound like you're on the right path, best to you!
Lascaux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lascaux For This Useful Post:
Astro (03-29-2019), ECOASTMARINE87 (03-28-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Praying for a favorable outcome to your court date today.
Offthemast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Offthemast For This Useful Post:
Astro (04-03-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Amen brother!
AnabolicSteroid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anxiety , god , pray , stress , worry