My hiding place - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

My hiding place

“Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own.”
CHINESE PROVERB

“You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance.” PSALM 32:7 NASB

Remember when you were a kid how much fun it was to have a hiding place? I recall some of my best times playing were not with the toys that I had accumulated over the years that just sat there, but with two or three kitchen chairs and a couple of blankets. Remember how we used to set the chairs up and then drape the blankets over them to make our forts and hiding places. A nice large cardboard box could be a lot of fun when it was used as a hiding place. As I became a young adult I can remember using a car as a hiding place. I can remember times when I wouldn’t drive anywhere, but would just sit behind the wheel and hide. Rainy dark evenings were a real good time to hide in the front seat of my car. I’m not talking about hiding from someone or something, but just being in a place where I could be alone with my thoughts. Today I am never alone with my thoughts, I have the Father who keeps me and comforts me during my times of solitude. I realize today that I have really never been alone, the Father has always been there with me, even though there were times when I though I was all alone. I have several places today where I can escape to for solitude, peace, and quiet, but I have learned that my best hiding place I carry with me at all times. It’s a place in my heart where I meet with the Father, it’s a place where I have learned to go to when all hell breaks forth. I am sitting in my hiding place right now, and the feeling I have is very similar to when I was a child and I was under the chairs with the blankets draped over. It’s just God and myself, as we ponder David’s hiding place and the music that he sings of in his psalm. Song of deliverance, songs of freedom, songs of victory, songs about God doing for David what he could not do for himself…………………….toad

“The worshiping heart does not create its Object. It finds Him here when it wakes from its mortal slumber in the morning of its regeneration.”
A.W. TOZER…………….The Pursuit Of God, page 53

Patriot Guard Riders

2007 Road King Classic
96 C.I. Six-speed
Vivid black

"God is doing for me what I could not do for myself"
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toad For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (11-27-2018), Ann (11-26-2018), Astro (11-27-2018), dsmaxis10 (11-27-2018), Gilmer (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

What a wonderful post!
aasharon90 (11-27-2018), Ann (11-26-2018), Astro (11-27-2018), toad (11-26-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
In Arizona it was lounge chairs covered with pool towels as the dust storm rolled in followed by the impending monsoon rains.

Ah, the comfort of hiding in our Abba Father's arms. This is a great post toad, thank you.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What a ride*!"
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (11-27-2018), Gilmer (11-27-2018), toad (11-27-2018)