Whiners Anonymous ... Part 255 ~ "Whining is like chicken soup for the soul"
New Thread Continues From Here. :)
Whiners Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience,
strength and hope with each other,
that they may solve their whining problems and help others to recover from whinerism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop whineing.
There are no dues or fees for W.A. membership;
we are self-supporting through our own contributed whines.
W.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization, institutions,
TV, radio, or Oprah Book of the Month Club!
does not wish to engage in any controversy, yeah right!,
neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stop whine'n and help other whineaholics to achieve non whineity.
Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)
Do you whine, complain, or snivel? Are you a grumpy old fart?
Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?
If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.
Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!
The WAH! 12 Step Program:
1. Admit you whine.
Just say, "I am a whiner."
2. Admit your whining is a problem.
It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.
3. Seek help to cure your whining.
Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?
4. Laugh at your whine.
Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.
5. Step out of your shoes.
Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?
6. Eat something nasty.
Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!
7. Listen to other whiners.
Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!
8. Make a victim list.
Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.
9. Beat the crap out of your parents.
After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!
10. Beware of falling off the wagon.
Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?
11. Whine to your dog.
They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.
12. Help others.
Help some other whiney-assed basstard with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.
so have at it!
whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!
W.A. Disclaimer; just be prepared for the results
12 Promises of WA
If we are painstaking about developing our whining techniques, we will be amazed at how proficient we become at expressing our dissatisfaction with people, places, and things that irk us.
1. We are going to know a new freedom of expression.
2. We will realize it's phony to pretend happiness when we just aren't feeling it.
3. We will not regret our whines nor wish to deny their validity.
4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know the peace of unburdening ourselves by sharing our whines at WA.
5. No matter how far down in the dumps we feel, we will see how our experience can benefit our fellow whiners.
6. That Pollyanna feeling of "la-dee-da, la-dee-da" will disappear.
7. We will set our own whines aside as we realize someone else's whine may be more deserving of our emotional support .
8. Self-centeredness will not be as prevalent, as we share and compare whining.
9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon ordinary blahs in general, and whining in particular will take on a new meaning.
10. Fear of being recognized and/or ostracized as a Chronic Whiner will leave us.
11. We will intuitively know that healthy whining is not to be stifled, but shared with others like ourselves.
12. We will suddenly realize that sharing a good whine can be very cathartic and we no longer need to whine alone.
Are these unreasonable promises? We think not. Whining has become our way of dealing with adversities--sometimes major, sometimes petty--and knowing our whines will not go unnoticed will work towards reducing the tensions produced by life's little speedbumps.
The Twelve Traditions of Whiner's Anonymous
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon W.A. unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authorityóthe owners, Administrators and Moderators, Greeters and Members of this site as they may express themselves in our group conscience.
3. Our leaders are but trusted servants;but they do govern. The only requirement for W.A. membership is SR membership and a desire to share some whiny ESH.
4. This group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other whiners or W.A.as a whole.
5. Each group has but one primary purposeóto whine about things in a safe environment, have fun, blow off steam and then let it go while moving onward in recovery.
6. A W.A. group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the W.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise,lest those who do not wish to whine or read other people's whines divert us from our primary purpose.
7. Every W.A. group ought to not to be fully self-supporting, and gratefully accept this venue given to us for the purpose of whining.
8. Whiner's Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our all of our whiners shall remain as special workers.
9. W.A., as such, ought never be organized; because they need to whine about the ups and downs of their lives.
10. Whiner's Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; because most people on the outside ignore whiners anyway.
11. Our public relations policy is based on whining rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of real life if that is what we choose.
12. Anonymity of screen names is optional for those who choose to use real names ever reminding us to place principles before personalities, and respect those from other fellowships. What we whine about here stays forever on the internet.
Thanks for the new part Opi! :hug: You take such good care of us. :)
My pleasure, Least. :hug:
Thank you Opi, you are marvellous xx
Hiya lovely Whiners,
Ann, your post about us all having a special gift is so lovely and heartwarming. I may send you a pm if you donít mind. :)
Suki, I hope youíre feeling some relief from pain, love :hug:ís
Love to everyone today. Hoping today is a good day for us all. :grouphug:
good morning whiners! back to work for me- vacation is over. boohoo
Opi, thank you for taking care of us whiners. I do love the new title :)
everyone, have a wonderful day!
(((Suki))) how are you feeling? I am praying that you get some relief from the pain. :hug:
Opi, thank you for a new thread with a great title and for always looking after us. Hope you are well too and staying away from killer flip flops.
Off to the good mall today, it's raining and Bubba needs a haircut
And it's as if the plants feel me, react to me....for the third time since I moved here, a pink plant is turning red for no reason (that anyone can work out)....my mandevilla in the front.
And dear Hev ~ I am betting Ann is currently working on a list of your talents....I can think of so many (other than the lovely things chic already said)....for one thing, you are a 'bear whisperer'. I have never known anyone else who has had so many visits from bears....they just want to cuddle you I think. :)
And you, and so many whiners who LOVE their dogs so completely, and give their animals the most wonderful lives....that is a gift I think. We are all blessed to have that one.
And you are funny.....big time...I see your humour peaking through all of the time....I am betting there is a lot of laughter in your house.
What a MAGNIFICENT way to begin a very dreary Monday. :) xxxxx
Suki love.....praying that your doctor is moving her butt ASAP to get that script phoned in for you this morning. :hug:
And hello darling Daisy.... :hug: xxxx
It’s a rainy old day here, typical Monday! Good job there’s plenty of us whiners to keep our whining tip top!
Suki, I love your picture! :)
Suze, interesting your plant changed colour. I have heard some plants can change colour depending what type of soil they’re in, but if they’re still in the same soil, I’m stumped! :)
Ann, enjoy the mall, hope you find a bargain!
Love to all the Whiners xx
It's a rainy Monday here too. :( Just came back from the store and it started raining as soon as we got home.
I have cut back my coffee consumption to no more than three cups in the morning. My anxiety was getting bad and cutting back on coffee seems to help.
I donít know why but I keep thinking itís Saturday! :dunno:It gets confusing when the days all blend into each other!
Still raining off and on. I'm sick of rain!! :dee We need to dry out, the ground is saturated! :headbange
Least, itís so frustrating, especially wanting to go outside with Billie for a walk! Hopefully itíll soon be dry and sunny. Not too hot though! :)
It's going to stop least.....soon.....the sun is on the way.... fingers crossed. xx
I hope so! :) I want to take Billie out but it's raining so hard right now. Bro gets worried about the local farmers cause of all the rain. Their crops can't grow if they're under water. :(
Thank you for saying nice things about me. :) It means so much.
It's challenging to get to know each other really well via our posts, but I think we do a very good job. :grouphug:
Opi - Just as I was falling asleep last night I remembered you asked for title suggestions. Oops. I love what you chose. :)
There was a large spider in the bathroom when I was getting ready for bed. I intended to flush it, or preferably put it out the window - but lost sight of it. I got in bed, & 5 mins. later - there was the spider, in bed with me - must've hitched a ride in my jammies. :scared:
Hev, I can't look at spiders the same way after seeing that movie Arachnophobia. :dee I'd have leapt out of bed screaming! Did Mr H take care of it for you?
Well, the rain finally stopped and the sun came out, for a bit, and Billie got a walk. She even did a LW to reward me for taking her out. :)
It's windy and rather chilly today. I was wearing my little sun hat and it almost blew off my head.
Billie is so nosy. Starting our walk she saw a family walking on the sidewalk behind us and kept turning around to look at them and bark at them. Nosy and noisy. ;)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.|