SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Cafť Central (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/caf-central/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous ... Part 255 ~ "Whining is like chicken soup for the soul" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/caf-central/439273-whiners-anonymous-part-255-whining-like-chicken-soup-soul.html)

Mags1 06-12-2019 11:54 PM

Hi wonderful Whiners,

From a wet and dreary U.K. and I’ve read the pollen count in my area is going to be very high from Friday for 3 days and I’ve pulled my back! :eek:

Ann, praying you have a food nights sleep with no interruptions and nasty pasty alarm clock! Good to see you back home.xx

Pondy, that’s great news on Lamp! You’ve been such a great support to her, too. You both deserve a medal...or cake...cake is good (maybe when Lamp is fully better)

Opi, Ouch! Take care of your scratches, especially from poison ivy. :hug:’s. Frogs are lovely creatures, once you get to know them and you never know, Mr Frog could turn out to be a Prince . ie. a pool boy! :lmao

Least, I’m nodding with you on all the rain, so annoying and frustrating! You could do with a doggie umbrella, perhaps

I tried to upload a cute picture of a dog with an umbrella but I did something wrong I think! :dunno:

Have a lovely day/night my whiney friends ❤️

PhoenixJ 06-13-2019 02:05 AM

slugs...stepping on in bare feet- urghhhhhh.

Ann 06-13-2019 05:46 AM

Slugs just may have been one of God's mistakes, no creature should look or feel that ugly. I would need CPR if I stepped on a slug or a snake.

Opi, lordy girl, attacked by killer frogs!! That would send me into the bramble pile too. :yikes:

Pondy, hope you are home soon, gardening and puppy hugging, well Mr. P. hugging too...all the cure for a stressful week or two.

It looks like rain here today and I don't care. I need to visit the butcher and pick up some bread and small supplies, and then I am all set to relax and do absolutely nothing.

suki44883 06-13-2019 07:43 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/SKj8233y/froot.jpg

venuscat 06-13-2019 07:50 AM

I AM DUMB......

I don't get it. :biggrin:

Hope your pain is even better today dear suki. :hug:

Opi love.....I am absolutely positive we banned you from injuring yourself, and now we have poison ivy-ed Opi, and ripped and weed-whacked Opi. :tapping

I am sending the bubble wrap....maybe even making you a whole bubble wrap outfit, like overalls.....hmm......and a hat and booties too.

Sending healing love. :hug: :hug:

And sending more to Ann and Lamp and all of the whiners.

Try not to worry least....so often sisters just need to vent to each other. They will work it out. :hug: s

And :grouphug:

I can't remember all that I just read. :)

venuscat 06-13-2019 07:52 AM

Is it like.....ta da.....because it looks like it has arms? Yep, probably.....guess I should drink my coffee. :biggrin:

least 06-13-2019 08:23 AM

Just woke up out of a strange dream which is just on the edge of my memory.

I hate it when I can't remember them. They are so interesting.

Ann, enjoy your day. :)

Pondy, soon you'll be home with GiGi and Mr P and your garden. :hug:

suki44883 06-13-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7205226)
Is it like.....ta da.....because it looks like it has arms? Yep, probably.....guess I should drink my coffee. :biggrin:

Yes...arms out, mouth open. :)

venuscat 06-13-2019 08:40 AM

Ah ha....it took me a while..... :lmao

It's actually brilliant. :)

Opivotal 06-13-2019 11:17 AM

Suze, I'm safe for today... it's raining.

I need a solid day to recover from yesterday's fiasco. I had nightmares ... frogs were everywhere, big ones.

There was no escape! :lmao

Mags1 06-13-2019 11:26 AM

A bit worried tonight...Iím sure it will all be ok but I went with Mr.Mags for his hospital appointment. It wasnít an mri scan for his back, weíre still waiting for that appointment, but for his pituitary gland at the base of the brain.

I stayed in the waiting room as he prefers to go in alone . Anyway the doc told him his pituitary is bleeding. Heíd had scans a few months ago.
He had to go to pathology lab and have a few blood test done and the doctor said weíll call for you in another three months.

Then they rang him when we arrived home and asked him to go for more tests on Tuesday at 8am. He seems so calm and not worried over it, I donít want to make a fuss.
I looked it up on google and people have lived with it for years with the right medication, if itís the same thing Iím googling. He didnít give a name for it.
So Iím feeling pretty concerned at the moment.

Iím trying to stay calm and breathe slowly and deeply.

Love to everyone xx

venuscat 06-13-2019 11:38 AM

Oh love, Dr Google is not good.... :hug: s
We aren't medical professionals, and it's all interpretation, and gosh, so much of it is anecdotal. If I was you, I would give the doctor's receptionist a call when Mr Mags is not at home...they are usually brilliant at handling this sort of fear....I know the receptionist/clinic manager at my mum's rheumatologist was just superb to me....she helped me a lot. :hug: s

I know it's scary love, and I am praying he will indeed live for many many years with this. So much love. :hug:

least 06-13-2019 11:43 AM

Mags, I'm hoping that Mr M gets good results from the tests. :hug:

Mags1 06-13-2019 11:47 AM

Thanks Suze love. I feel better just sharing it. He always is calm in most situations and handles things better than I do. Though on the surface I look calm and collected, Iím like the proverbial swan, paddling like anything underneath. Lol.

It is scary but we'll get through it, I know. Just a shock to the system.

Thank again Suze. big hugs :hug:ís

Mags1 06-13-2019 11:48 AM

Thank you least xx

Opivotal 06-13-2019 12:26 PM

((Mags)) The new test may be a precautionary measure.

Try not to fret too much. :hug:

Mags1 06-13-2019 12:35 PM

Thanks Opi, that may be right. :)

Hevyn 06-13-2019 03:00 PM

Mags - I will be praying for you & MrM. Dr. Google has given me terrible advice a few times. I hope you get some helpful info. on Tuesday.

Least - It rained all day here & will for the next week, on & off. It was in the 40's last night. What a strange June.

Opi - Poor baby, you're getting all beat up. You should never have fired the groundskeeper. :tongue: I know what you mean about the frogs - we have little teeny brown ones that jump up out of the flower beds when I weed.

Suki - It looks like baby Groot from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trying to escape. It's always saying 'I am Groot'. (Just saw the movie recently ;))

venuscat 06-13-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opivotal (Post 7205398)
Suze, I'm safe for today... it's raining.

I need a solid day to recover from yesterday's fiasco. I had nightmares ... frogs were everywhere, big ones.

There was no escape! :lmao

As long as they are not carrying raisins....that would be worse. ;)

:hug: Take care love. xx

least 06-13-2019 03:13 PM

I was bored earlier so I laid down with Billie and took a nice little nap. Not raining here right now. We've also got a lot of rain forecast for the next ten days. :headbange