Whiners Anonymous ... Part 250 ~ "Daylight Savings Whine" - Page 21 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #401 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

It's 60 F so I took Billie for a walk. She did a LW, bless her heart.

I like that revolving spice rack.

Bro is feeling better today. He went to church and is going to a concert with his choir director this evening. He promised to go back to the doctor if he feels sick again.

Sun's not out here but it's warmish and nice.

Lily came to visit Billie. I love that she talks so much. I like a cat who meows a lot.

The Neko cat cafe in Seattle got some new tuxedo cats.

https://nekoseattle.com/adoption

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

Don't wait for the Last Judgement. It takes place every day. -Albert Camus

Find the good and praise it. - Alex Haley
least is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), Pondlady (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #402 (permalink)
Grateful Member ♥

Glad your brother is feeling better love.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places..." Ernest Hemingway

"It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you..." The Eagles, Desperado
venuscat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), Pondlady (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #403 (permalink)
Learning to live again

Me too - I'm glad he's better, but maybe he should've rested a bit more.
Love the beautiful kitties.

A little voice deep inside me said, "Hello, I am here." It was a small voice, & sounded as if it were buried underneath the cushions of my couch. It was my soul...I had forgotten it.

Hevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hevyn For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), Pondlady (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #404 (permalink)
Grateful Member ♥

Kim honey....I am sorry...I need to go back and read your last post....I am tired these last few days, huge gyno issue that knocked me out/ish.

You always do such lovely things....I loved the idea of the tribute on the piano. ♥♥

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places..." Ernest Hemingway

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #405 (permalink)

How long has SR been around ? Ann, 17 years...that's amazing ! I too stumbled here while researching health related problems due to drinking. I had already stopped drinking a little while before, but was concerned. It was such a relief to be here, still is

We use so many spices we buy them in big bottles at Costco ! My Mom taught me to write the date you purchase a spice on the top of the jar with a magic marker.

Tomorrow is demo day around here ! We've having a salvage type company remove 770 square feet of old decking and our old pool Our pool is above ground and built into the side of a hill, so it appears in ground.....I guess half of it is. Any way, it was too big a job for us to tackle ourselves.

I don't know if you remember we considered a new in ground pool last summer, but decided to think on it over the winter. Well, we're getting one and I'm very excited !! It'll be a smaller pool then what we have, but will be kidney shaped and have a deep end so I can do my water aerobics.

I discovered "airplane" mode on my phone, does wonders for my sanity ! I can still listen to my downloaded audio books, but phone not blowing up with texts and e-mails related to my Uncle's estate.

Pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pondlady For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #406 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

I think SR was started in 2000, if I'm not mistaken.

Pondy, a new pool will be fun.

My cell phone (two years old) has airplane mode. My previous phone did not, it was that old!

My one young stray girl is so friendly with me. She gets under my feet when I'm trying to feed them and I have to walk out there carefully so I don't trip on her.

Here's a link to a post by Opi about how SR started.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6047973 (How did SR start?)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #407 (permalink)
Grateful Member ♥

Wow...thank you...I read that....imagine what it was like before 2000....well, I don't have to...I was an active alcoholic, but I didn't have the internet until about 2010 odd...perhaps a few years earlier than that....then I started searching....found another site first, and was too drunk to remember where I had looked, and started again at the end of 2012.

And my life as I know it changed. morphed, became this beautiful adventure on the other side of the world.....gosh I am grateful to John. What a legacy. ♥♥

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #408 (permalink)
Ann
Nature Girl

When I joined, almost everyone knew each other here, even on other forums. It was like a little family. I remember when we reached 1,000 members, that was huge and I had no idea that we would grow to the size we are today. Thanks to Jon Heller and those who have owned this site since, the forums are kept up and running and modernized with the times. Thank you to them and the techies who keep us safe.

I know Anna was here early in the game, and CarolD too. Morning Glory arrived the same day I did, I think. I like to say that we came on the same bus...we arrived together, we both had sons who were addicted, and she was one of the funniest people I ever met, lordy she could make me laugh. She has done so much here over the years.

I remember when the Whiny people began too, thanks to Rusty Zipper. What I didn't know was how bonded we would become and how many thousands of whines we would put out.

There is a magic here, something that keeps us all coming back. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Live your joy,
Go against the grain.
Don’t be made timid by worried rejection.
Let nature’s curious wisdom fill you.
Let the world’s mystical heritage guide you.
Paint your canvasses,
play your tunes.
~Thomas Moore
Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #409 (permalink)
Administrator

Ann, I arrived the year after you did. And, like you, I knew right away what an amazing place this was. We affectionately called SR 'The House that Jon Built'. But, it was you, MG, CarolD and others who helped to make SR a safe and welcoming place. I am such a better person for knowing you.
My life is worth the living, I dont need to see the end.

John Denver
Anna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #410 (permalink)
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, thank you. Anna, we've known each other here forever it seems, and meeting you in real life was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I love you my friend.

Live your joy,
Go against the grain.
Paint your canvasses,
play your tunes.
~Thomas Moore
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
Anna (Today), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM   #411 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

SR is a special place indeed. So many of my friends live here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), Hevyn (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #412 (permalink)
Learning to live again

I have to confess I never imagined an online community would be very helpful. I really only wanted facts when I searched for health problems - was definitely not looking to join anything. I was in no condition to concentrate or be part of a group. That's why I say it was a miracle. As I read some of the posts, I was instantly calmer - like magic. I began to slow down my drinking because I was less anxious - I knew I was preparing myself to quit all together. I treasure my friends here as much as any other friends or family.

Pondy - That is so cool you're getting a new pool - you are going to have a great summer. If it ever gets here.

A little voice deep inside me said, "Hello, I am here." It was a small voice, & sounded as if it were buried underneath the cushions of my couch. It was my soul...I had forgotten it.

Hevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hevyn For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), chicory (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), Opivotal (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #413 (permalink)

I remember when I first googled for help,as I was living with my drinking son. I was seriously unable to function-frightened, desperate, just a crying mess, everyday. I found such compassionate people here, and began recovering from codependency, which I still battle, but no longer alone. Saved my sanity, and in turn, has improved my son's life as well. I am a work in progress, probably always will be.

SR is a very special group of wonderful people. I wish I had been around much sooner, to meet some of the awesome founding folks that I have heard about. Some of them are still here, and they are golden.

love my whiney family. least, I am so glad your brother is better. Good he has you to watch over him, too.
chicory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicory For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM   #414 (permalink)
Grateful Member ♥

Blessed beyond belief to be reading these beautiful posts, let alone be a member of this incredible thread....and forum and site.

I am truly grateful. s

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Ann (Yesterday), least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #415 (permalink)
Ann
Nature Girl

I think we should all have a pool part at Pondy's when it is done. Pondy, your place will be magnificent with that pool and your ponds. You can finally just swim and relax after all your good deeds are done.

It is past my bedtime. Somebody please turn out the lights.

Live your joy,
Go against the grain.
Paint your canvasses,
play your tunes.
~Thomas Moore
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
least (Yesterday), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #416 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

I don't much remember the circumstances under which I found SR. I was probably drunk. Glad I found it tho. I sent a link to my pdoc for the forums. He asked me about it again. He specializes in addiction psychiatry. He knows his stuff. I have complete faith in him.

Billie is being a good girl today. She just did a LW and is napping again. I wish I slept as easily and soundly as she does.

Before I found SR I had been a member of a forum about alcoholism, but as far as I could tell, it was not moderated at all and some of the other members were quite 'unruly'. I went back there later but got a message that the site had been closed.

On the 8th of this month was my 11th anniversary of joining.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Ann (Today), PhoenixJ (Yesterday), venuscat (Today)
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #417 (permalink)
Ann
Nature Girl

Good morning all. Coming here has been part of my morning routine for so long that it seems odd on the mornings I have to leave early, for the city, not to come here first.

It's a sunny, lovely day. My new bedroom lamps are supposed to be delivered but I don't know what time. That annoys me, they tried Friday and didn't leave a card or anything so I could just pick it up. I will call Fed Ex and ask today.

Hope everyone has a swell day. Spring is definitely in the air and I am going to send some of this sunshine to Hev.

Live your joy,
Go against the grain.
Paint your canvasses,
play your tunes.
~Thomas Moore
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
PhoenixJ (Today), venuscat (Today)