Dog owners...Please HELP - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Social Groups > Café Central
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Looking For Myself...Sober

Dog owners...Please HELP

I dont know what I have to do to get this puppy to **** outside. Its like she is afraid to do it outside. I dont know what the deal is. But she will not **** outdoors. Only inside. I will take her out every few hours and she just wont do it. Long walks. Short walks. Tie her up out there for a little while. Nothig. She wont even go on the puppy pads.
AND she keeps tearing everything up. She has toys. She has chew bones and stuff. She has food and treats. Why is she chewing the hell out of my blankets and pillow? And wires and anytihing she can get. The kids toys and everyting but her stuff?
And she wont stop humping my dam leg!!!
I will push her off. Tell her no and make it very clear everytime in my tone and everything that I am not happy with that. And she just keeps on. Its gross.
I have been being as patient as I can be. I looked up how to house break a dog. I have done what they said and she got worse.

Someone please tell me you know what to do.

It may not get easier, But it will get better.
Aysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

[QUOTE=chiynita;2187329]I dont know what I have to do to get this puppy to **** outside. Its like she is afraid to do it outside. I dont know what the deal is. But she will not **** outdoors. Only inside. I will take her out every few hours and she just wont do it. Long walks. Short walks.

Do you take her for walks right after she eats?
If you keep taking her for walks right after she eat,
and for long enough, eventually they almost always
have to go, they don't have much of a choice, lol.
When she goes, make sure you give her a treat
and praise her letting her know she did a good thing.

My mom's dog was abused and thought she was in
trouble every time she went, so we had a hard time
getting her to go outside because she wanted to hide,
it was hard, but that is what we did, she would sit down
and cower when she went. But eventually she figured it
out.
Also if you can take her to a dog park, that may help,
or where there are other smells.

Tie her up out there for a little while. Nothig. She wont even go on the puppy pads.
AND she keeps tearing everything up. She has toys. She has chew bones and stuff. She has food and treats. Why is she chewing the hell out of my blankets and pillow? And wires and anytihing she can get. The kids toys and everyting but her stuff?

BITTER APPLE

And she wont stop humping my dam leg!!!
I will push her off. Tell her no and make it very clear everytime in my tone and everything that I am not happy with that. And she just keeps on. Its gross.
I have been being as patient as I can be. I looked up how to house break a dog. I have done what they said and she got worse.

Someone please tell me you know what to do.

That's what worked for me.
Have you got her spade yet? She's probably in heat,
My cat was pretty obnoxious till I got him spade, that
may help with the leg thing.

That's all I know.

lol, good luck!

I'm sure others will know more though.

Living in fast forward
Hollywood RockStar outta control
Need to rewind real slow
Always Runin
Time to take control

Oh yeah ...

Done_With_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

The dog has to go. As much as I hate it. If my cousin doesnt take her back. i will have to find someone to take her. She ius way too much. She took a **** right under my kitchen table when the kids were eating breakfats this morning. She is tearing everything up. I got a huge hole in my fav pillow now. She keeps attacking my cat. She is a lovable puppy. But seems to be trouble and dumb as a box of rocks.
I like big dogs. I dont like little spastic dogs much anyway.
My poor Bobble is so good about getting jumped on. She cant even eat cause the dog pushes her out of the way and eats all her food.
I cant do it anymore.
She peed on the kids last night when they were sleeping on the floor. We had a sleep over.
I mean. It would be different if I wasnt doing anything with her. But I am doing all that stuff you guys have suggested. Iw as doing that before I posted this. I went on YT and watched a puppy housebreaking video and others like it.
I will miss her but I cant take it anymore.

I play with this dog alot when I am here. She is 5 mos old.
I take her out alot. I take her for pretty long walks at least once a day. She gets tied outside when its not too cold fro awhile. She has a leash thats about 20 ft or more. I clip 2 together when I put her outside. I tell her no..ALOT!!
She knows shes doing wrong. She will hit the floor and look up all freaked out when she sees me comin and she is doin bad.
She took the cat **** out of the cat box and put it all over the floor.
WTF??!!
Shes gotta go.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

As far as the cat poop that is perfectly normal dog behavior and Trish I hate to say this, but its all puppy behavior. Puppies require the patience of a Saint and I certainly don't have that patience and ended up with 2 of them. Our first, Mags, lab mix, destroyed many of my child's toys. He doesn't remember it because he was so young. Our second, Matilda, aussie mix, if bored will chew any and everything in site. She's still teething. Son doesn't like Matilda much right now. I know when she grows out of the puppy stage he will love her like the other one. Its easier to train them, in my opinion, when you can let them outside to run. I understand you can't. It will be quite draining but they do have to go after they eat, after they rough house, and if someone comes over and there's a lot of excitement they have to go then too.

I said no more puppies after Maggie, but Matilda was a stray and my mom found her and gave her to us. Mom already had 2 dogs and we had 1. It has worked so far, but we have lost quite a bit of toys, blankets, and pillows. Luckily, she doesn't chew furniture anymore although I can look at the kitchen table and see where she gnawed on the leg.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok..So I watched marley and me the other night an now I cant get rid of her.
Geez..This little thing goes nuts everytime I get home from work. She will follow me around crying until i pick her up. LOL.
I had to give her a bath today. She was stinky.
She still is crappin in the house. I dont know what I have to do to get her to catch on to that part. She goes out the same time evry morning. Same spot. Sometimes she goes..Sometimes not. But everytime will come right in and **** in the hall or the spare room.
Its like she wont do it outside.
I am stayin on top of the cat box. That is so nasty. And she isnt allowed to lick my face anymore. LOL.
We will see what happenes. I really want to keep her. But she is tiring.

I out her up for adoption on CL for $150 and got alot of replies. I mean alot!
But then I changed my mind after the movie and seeing her bounce around happy to see me home.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
mergirl

crating really is a useful practice. I have big dogs, and potty training doesn't seem to be an issue, but I have 2 friends with jack russels and they HAVE to utilize crates. Their dogs really seem to feel content and safe in them. Good luck=)

*~Lisa~*
ban the deed, not the breed~
five years of continuous sobriety and counting
<3 (its a sideways heart!)
Gypsy Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
To thine own self be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
crating really is a useful practice. I have big dogs, and potty training doesn't seem to be an issue, but I have 2 friends with jack russels and they HAVE to utilize crates. Their dogs really seem to feel content and safe in them. Good luck=)

Hey, just have to say I love your "ban the deed, not the breed". Couldn't agree with you more.
Sweets79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Puppy is gone. I am really sad about it. But what could I do?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Best decision for both of you.
LauraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Oh no!! These are things that absolutely break my heart. I can't stand it.

For future reference, I am a firm believer that all new dog owners should, at the very least, be investing in a couple of serious books on puppy care and training books from the start. Training methods are not the same as they used to be. Many people believe that training a dog shouldn't require a whole lot of work, a lot of patience, or a very thorough education from outside sources. More often than not, it requires all three. I cannot imagine what kinds of mistakes I would have made had I not been thoroughly educated about my role in my puppy's training. Training him was not just a breeze, it was a profound pleasure for all involved. Do yourselves (and your dog) a favor and get your books before you take your puppy home.

My personal recommendations (and I've read many):

The Puppy Whisperer: A Compassionate, Non Violent Guide to Early Training and Care by Paul Owens (Author), Terence Cranendonk (Author), Norma Eckroate (Author)
Amazon.com: Puppy Whisperer: A Compassionate, Non Violent Guide to Early Training and Care: Paul Owens, Terence Cranendonk, Norma Eckroate: Books

How to Raise a Puppy You Can Live With

by Clarice Rutherford (Author), David H. Neil (Author)
Amazon.com: How to Raise a Puppy You Can Live With: Clarice Rutherford, David H. Neil: Books

P.S. Anvilhead, your posts were spot on.

* Big Book quotes cited from the 1st edition
SteppingItUp is offline   Reply With Quote