SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - Diary of Wino
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Every day is a new day, that's what I keep telling myself. The struggle is real. I'm in deep with this addiction to wine. I am searching for the answer how to turn it off. I feel lucky if I can keep it down to a daily minimum of just one bottle. I pray to God to take this addiction away. Some days I'm a fighter. Other days are a bit more challenging. Hopefully by putting this out there, starting today, I can find a new hope and believe in myself again.

LoveHateMerlot
Old

Day 21 - ACTION!

Posted 01-19-2019 at 10:27 AM by LoveHateMerlot (Diary of Wino)

3 weeks sober today!

The cravings at night are not as intense as the first week, but they are still here. I am well aware that I will have cravings for alcohol for the rest of my life. I will have good days, and there will be plenty of bad days ahead. I will always be an alcoholic, that part will never go away. I am wired to be an addict to the end of my life. I take it one day at a time and make a strong plan of what I will say and do before I am in a situation where alcohol...
LoveHateMerlot
Posted in Diary of Wino
Old

DAY 19 - Alcohol, the Liver, and Hormonal Imbalance

Posted 01-17-2019 at 12:05 PM by LoveHateMerlot (Diary of Wino)
Updated 01-17-2019 at 02:44 PM by LoveHateMerlot

Since my early 20's, I've had a bottle of Merlot (or 2) almost every night, except for both of my pregnancies and a couple attempts to get sober. Throughout all that time I have consistently worked out, ate healthy, and avoid all medication including pain relievers. It's ironic, isn't it? The reason why I have been so adamant about a healthy exercise and diet regimen was a calculated effort to balance my toxic lifestyle. I knew what alcohol could do to your liver, and despite that knowledge,...
LoveHateMerlot
Posted in Diary of Wino