SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - Comments

Blogs

1. Old Comment

Choose Love

You always write so well deeker. You have a talent that was meant to be shared.
  2. Old Comment

Choose Love

06/02/14

Thanks for everything Deek, I will miss you dearly.
    Be well on your journey.
    Love Will G.
  3. Old Comment

False Promises from Alcohol

thanks for sharing this wonderful poem...a lady was buried today in New Brunswick, Canada where my husband grew up. She was in her mid thirties and had 2 children age 6 and 7. She froze outside in last weeks storm and That is all I've been thinking about today. I am at that age and also have small children 6, 3 and 4 months. I quit 31 days ago after my husband found me passed out in our garage. My heart goes out to her family <3
  4. Old Comment

Choose Love

Beautiful, need to read that, pushing fear away thanks x
  5. Old Comment

Confused But Hopeful

the Dalai Lama makes a similar remark to encourage compassion for others. He says it's really more selfish to help because you will feel so good. I would ride that high deek!

I too spend too much time on the Internet sometimes to the detriment of household activities. I try to set parameters.. Attempts at moderation lol.
  6. Old Comment

Hi Deeker very inspirational this is my 1st day again. Could you please send me a link yo a AA Big Book online audio version please
  7. Old Comment

The Spiritual Malady

I think this is a very insightful and introspective blog. I am sure you are on the right track. Service takes your mind from "self" to "other". This is the key to sustained recovery.
  8. Old Comment

Choose Love

Great post deeker!
    Agreed, love is ALWAYS the answer
    Posted 01-21-2013 at 05:49 PM by faceitandfixit faceitandfixit is offline
  9. Old Comment

demons- I can believe it.

[QUOTE=Serenityforme;bt26117]Thank you for sharing this lovely poem..

Hi There! We are in a spiritual battle if you ask me and I liken this disease to the devil. Pray for God's protection. This disease wants us dead. let me know if you would like a link to a AA Big Book online audio version? Very helpful. God Bless you!
  10. Old Comment

Thank you for sharing this lovely poem..Im on day 4 and up very early due to a nasty nightmare involving demons trying to possess me after drinking a bottle of wine!! Of course there was alot more involved in this dream - people, places from the past including my children as youngsters. I was trying to get into a car and drive them to safety but the demons surrounded me. My children are now adults 23 and 21 and I havent seen them for 4 years - their choice. The poem is a true reflection of how this awful addiction creeps up, starts as your friend (after all its legal - right??) introduces you to its other victims so you think its all ok, then boom your life starts to depend on all the excuses it can muster up for you to carry on sipping from its false friendship. I hate how I allowed this so called friend to manipulate my life for so many years..God give me the strength and courage to erase this foe who has done nothing but waste my time, interfere with my relationships and work and I have no doubt my health..If only we knew what a negative and destructive relationship we were heading into at the start..I wish you all a safe and sober new journey x
  11. Old Comment

Don't mean to criticize

To feel happy?
  12. Old Comment

Don't mean to criticize

It's hard for me to get away from being judgmental. Only until I see what a smoke-screen such judgments have been can I take steps to be kinder. Why would I want to examine myself and my motives if I can criticize you instead? Progress is a long road...
  13. Old Comment

Don't mean to criticize

SORRY DUPLICATE