Do you need Nar-Anon?

Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Help I desperatley want to go to nar-anon meetings but I can't find any in Houston, Texas. If anyone is in my area or knows of one here please let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

For those in the Pennsylvania area there are two Naranon meetings...The Bridge of Hope meeting is 7?30 pm on Thursday evenings at the Fayette Health Center in Uniontown, Pa. and The Hope and Faith Meeting at 7:00 pm on Friday evening at the Chochran Church in Dawson, Pa.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I answered yes to so many that I lost count. I think I really need to go to a meeting. i need to be around others with the same problems and who can help me understand what in world is going on !! I feel the merry go round has to stop and I need to exit ASAP !!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Anybody know about meetings in Ohio? I seriously live in the middle of nowhere, so I dont think theres anything around here. I thought about going to NA meetings w/ my fiance, maybe it would help me better understand what he's going through.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thumbs down First timer

I just registered today. My boyfriend told me 3 moths ago he is a heroin addict. I have him money for rehab and went with him a few times. It's been almost three months since then , he just told me last nite he started again three weeks ago. What do I do, put him through rehab again! How will this time be different from the last. If I knew how many times it will take or if it will ever be over, I could pace myself and aim for the goal. But how do you solve something you have no control over. Does anyone have a story of a loved one recovering for good?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Need Naranon

Sorry guys I am new to this. I lost my boyfriend 2 weeks ago to a drug related accident. He was a heroin addict, he had three relapses that I have know of since we lived together this would of been his fourth. I think it would help me with my grieving process to try to understand his addiction, because I could never understand how you could lose everything and lie and steal from the ones you love for substance. Please someone help me understand because I just don't. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Unhappy new to this

that fits me to a T. I need to know if there are online meetings or is there a national 24 hr number that i can call. I need help coping with all of this i just got married . I knew she was an addict and she said that she wanted a change in life style. so i offered to help her . she spent time in jail b 4 we got married. the day after she got out we got married. its been a month and thats how long shes been clean. all help is very appreciated
Old 12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Margo I see you are a Canucks fan, Me too. If you are from Vancouver perhaps you could help me find a meeting...Im new at this and can use all the help I can get. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:09 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

i can answer yes to all the questions above. i have read this over & over during the time i have been a member here. i am getting better because this time i could say no to a few but i think i will need naranon the rest of my life. i learn something new everyday. yes, yes, yes, i need it.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ok what does Naranon and Anon mean? I know wnat Alanon is.
K
Old 01-07-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Need support to stop the enabling I've done with my 26 year old son who is a heroin addict. He is currently in a rehab facility but not participating in recovery. I realize I cannot change his behavior but need to know if Naranon has meetings or educational sites to help me again coping techniques. I feel so needy!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Al Anon Is All We Have Here To But It Has Been Very Helpful. I Have Been Thinking About Starting A Nar Anon Meeting Here Where I Live.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

To those of you who are thinking of starting a Naranon Meeting in your area....DO IT!!!
I have to say that when I started mine this past July it was a very rocky start with little support. I actually had support from an already established meeting nearby, but none in my immediate area. Hence I did not give up and many times I was the only person needing recovery from my addict husband and dughter, and sat there for the entire meeting time by myself. Now I am happy to say that recently we have had upwards of 17 supporters and last week invited my first NA guest speaker. Evidently there are lost souls out there needing help, and every day I receive at least 2-3 phone calls from someone who is hurting. I would just like to add that if you begin a meeting please stick with it no matter how discouraging it may feel, because they will come if you just have hope. Thank you Dawson area Naranon Group for your early support and fellowship. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, help is only a phone call away.

periwinkle55
Old 01-23-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I need nar-anon

my name is Nichole, I am 20 years old and for the past 6 years maybe even longer both of my parents have been addicted to drugs. I have been hiding it because i am embarrassed and ashamed and at the same time i love them so much i don't want people to know. right now it's getting to the point where i feel very helpless. i tried to find a nar-anon meeting in the high desert, but there aren't any.. any help or advice would be great.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Naranon Meetings

Hi to all,
Just wanted to update the status of our Naranon Meeting. Due to overwhelming response recently we have changed the time of the meeting to 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm on Thursday evening as previous. The location is 100 New Salem Road, Uniontown, Pa. 15401. The Name is "Bridge Of Hope" and is an open discussion meeting for friends and families of addicts. We are very proud of the community support we have received and plan to continue the work.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I am new and this really hit me in the heart Thanks
Distraught
Old 03-01-2006, 08:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm new to this and so confused it's driving me crazy. I was reading do you need nar anon and answered yes to quite a few questions. My husband of 4 years is a crack addict, he recently did seek help from our local treatment centers and has started group therapy and he attended his first meeting last nite after some 20 yrs. of addiction to both drugs and alcohol, which should make me feel better about things, but he didn't come home after his "meeting" and of course we "discussed" that this morning before I left for work (no he's not working). But here's the cherry on top, my son and his fiancee are staying with us and they are both smoking marijuana somewhat regularly and as my husband stated to me, is how can I come after him and not really say anything to the kids (I have and they kinda ignore me), my son states that he can handle it and he's nothing like his step-father, but yet he is so much like him it's scary. I'm caught in the middle of he said stuff all the time, like 2 little kids telling on one another.. I have had enough, but I can't really get tough with either of them... what's my next step in helping myself, I'm sick of trying to help them.. :c020
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Ohiomess. Welcome to Soberrecovery!! When I joined, I picked my name because I was tryintohelp my nephew get off heroin. Then my sister became addicted to crack and I was tryintohelp her get off crack. Then I was tryintohelp my mother, my nephew's mother, and everyone else try to deal with all this horrible mess. Somewhere along my journey, I realized that I could not really help any of these people, as much as I tried and as much as I wanted to--they had to go thru exactly what they had to go thru to get to the point where they were ready to help themselves. And at some point, I realized that I needed help. I was tired, and I was tired of feeling angry or depressed because of others' actions.

So now I'm tryintohelp myself, and that's the hardest job I've taken so far. It's hard to change things about myself, but it is so worth the effort. Can you go to a face to face Naranon or Alanon meeting? Coming here and posting is great. You can start your own new post and will probably get more replies there. But Going to face to face meetings with others who understand what you're going thru is awesome. I wish you and your family all the best!!

http://nar-anon.org/ohio.htm

Lori
Old 03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

YUP... That's definatly me. Describes me to a T being concerned about the abf. I checked the naranon website. Im in Jersey, I need a Friday night meeting or weekend meeting in Morris , Essex, Sussex, Hudson county. I cant make if M-Th, I got to college at night(at least one of us is trying to do the rigth thing) ANyway, anyhelp anyne can give me would be appreciated. This website is great itself. Helps tremendously when im thinking of calling to see if hes okay. Thank u
Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

there is one in plano

Originally Posted by TXsuzbluii
I have got to find a Nar-Anon meeting in my area fast ... I'm losing it. I have looked in the Dallas TX area phone book and found no listings. I am in the North Dallas/Plano area. I need someone to talk to.
go to the nar-anon.com website and look up texas there is one for plano in there i saw it