Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 02-05-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

You have mad search skills Mags honey....I could not find that. Thank you darling. ❤️

I was crying over our Ann dear Anna; the house stuff is minor and fixed. s xx ❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Suze, I recall reading a post where Dee was explaining how to use the advanced search to someone a while back. I thought that’s handy if I ever need it.

Just went advanced . Wrote in Toby Tree then Ann in the members box and pressed search. A handy tool.

Sorry your toilet is problematic! I think you’ve had enough home probs for a year! Hope it soon gets sorted love.
I did that too, that search, but still didn't find it.

And really, all good here, it was just whine-worthy material.

EDIT......oh...... I did Toby and ladder....he he.......
Old 02-05-2022, 09:50 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Magsie

Definitely was whine-worthy!

Ah, you was so close with ladder!
Old 02-05-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I was able to search for the original photobucket image (the pic of Ann on the balcony), so here it is without the watermark.

And this one is better now too.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Hoping Riley gets better - so sorry he's in pain.

Thank you for all the wonderful Ann stuff. Makes me cry & laugh at the same time. As Ann would say, I need to 'snap out of it'.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:21 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So Suze - are you dug out & did plants survive?
Old 02-05-2022, 10:22 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

I only knew Ann briefly, such a wonderful person with a beautiful smile. Thanks for sharing the pictures..I like to know what people look like so I can have them in my thoughts.

Riley is resting by me right now. I put him on a throw rug by the sliding glass door in the sunshine which he appeared to enjoy. Now he is curled up on a chair next to me as I play around with my sewing. Love that little man so much, as does his Grandma, and Mr. Alpine.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:23 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
So Suze - are you dug out & did plants survive?
No and probably. There is no way of getting them unstuck, as well as finding all of the missing ones (under the snow I guess) until it starts to thaw a bit tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:39 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

It has been almost 5 weeks since getting a hug from Mr. Alpine. Probably several more until we can share a hug. Sigh..Good thing I have Riley here.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:48 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Ann's classic etiquette strategies I saved from 2013

"Really? Isn't that WONDERFUL!"
"Good for you!"
"Oh my."
"How nice."
"Oh dear, I just know you'll figure something out."
"Really? Good for you!" (see how these can mix and match?)
"I really can't say, can I get back to you on that?"
"Let me call you next week after I check my schedule."
"Please pass the cheesecake." (I threw that in for fun [img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/57a82dca-90c0-4e02-bda5-f59d2db0192b[/img][img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/0e187ce2-2013-41ea-8b43-b18e64e0f55b[/img] )

I always loved these tips and have used them many times! So perfect, so funny and utterly Ann
Old 02-05-2022, 10:52 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Alpine))) I hope Riley is soon up to snuff.

Suze and Mags, thank you so much for the Ann stuff, the pictures and the Toby tree story.

Bro came over and shoveled a path to my back yard feeding station and shoveled out the snow that got in there and covered the food dish. He filled the food dish and gave them fresh water.

He took me to the bank and I put 200 dollars in the night deposit box. That will be good for my account.

I had another hundred so I gave bro fifty dollars for all his driving me around. He didn't want to take it but I insisted. Besides, I told him, he helped me so much the last couple months coming over before and after work to feed Billie and take her out.

Now I'm home for the day and just chillin' in front of the computer.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
Ann's classic etiquette strategies I saved from 2013

"Really? Isn't that WONDERFUL!"
"Good for you!"
"Oh my."
"How nice."
"Oh dear, I just know you'll figure something out."
"Really? Good for you!" (see how these can mix and match?)
"I really can't say, can I get back to you on that?"
"Let me call you next week after I check my schedule."
"Please pass the cheesecake." (I threw that in for fun [img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/57a82dca-90c0-4e02-bda5-f59d2db0192b[/img][img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/0e187ce2-2013-41ea-8b43-b18e64e0f55b[/img] )

I always loved these tips and have used them many times! So perfect, so funny and utterly Ann
We lost this at the bottom of the last page.....that cannot be.

Thank you Kim honey ❤️❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 12:22 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Apparently, Ann's blackening skills rubbed off on Bubba.

01-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Ann
Nature Girl

And...thank you all for caring so much.

Now, time for a smile. Bubba cooked dinner tonight...blackened spaghetti! Almost as bad as my blackened lasagna. He was reheating the baked spaghetti (his mama's recipe) that i made last night, put it on broil to melt the new cheese on top....and forgot about it.

Our smoke detectors work!

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. ~Og Mandino
Old 02-05-2022, 12:29 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about that.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:43 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

lol I'd forgotten about that one too. It must have been quite an adventure to live in Ann's home.

I'm having a nice conversation with my sister's wife in VT on fb. Their whole family, including their young son, came down with covid. She said they're doing alright and only have mild cases. They are all vaxxed and boosted and wear masks if they have to go out. Just goes to show how contagious the omicron variant is.

Billie finally went potty since there was no one outside to distract her.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:45 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I found Ann's post about the mice in Bubba's car.

11-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Ann
Nature Girl

Well gang, it's true that things can always be worse than you think....I didn't have one mouse in the trap this morning...I HAD FIVE STINKING MICE!!! I had Minnie and Mickey and little Dickey, Nickey and Rickey. I just about crapped. I looked before we went to the denturist and Bubba was still in the shower.

First I saw one, then two and as I picked up the trap to take it to the river I saw two more tails...then another. The road was very busy so I stopped by a bush at the end of our lane and opened the trap. One mouse ran to the bush and the other ran up my pantleg...no kidding, you can't make this kind of stuff up! Thank goodness I had on skinny jeans and it didn't go underneath. I would have jumped out of my jeans and ran in my undies if that was the case. This was not unfolding well.

I screamed and shook my leg like the Hokey Pokey gone wrong and the mouse flew off onto the grass and ran. The smaller ones had retreated to the tunnels where they came in (but could no longer escape from) but I left it open and they soon followed into the large bush.

I didn't realize it until I was heading back to the building, but some of my neighbours had gathered to watch and were killing themselves laughing. I'm sure I was quite the sight! I reloaded the trap and put it back in the car...I really really hope that was all of them and there are no more tonight. I will do this for a week and if there are no more mice then I will take the car to the dealership to clean up and check under the hood in case they can see what I cannot.

I have to admit that I was glad I had not put the glue pad in the cage, it would have been really gross to find 5 mice stuck to death.

Who has the smelling salts...

Old 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Again.

Thank you suki ❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 12:49 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Suki, I remember that.

I remember back in 2014 how Ann had posted a cake for someone's birthday. On the cake, "birthday" was spelled wrong. I pointed that out and got this PM from Ann.

Re: Private Message from AnnQuote:
Originally Posted by least
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
I am howling here, lol, I KNEW you'd spot that and thought it might take longer...but nooooo, you are the best ever speller.

Love you lots, you just made my day, lol, even Bubba wanted to know what was so funny.

Hugs and Hugs

I was a spelling 'champeen' back when I was a kid. I was a dismal failure at math but a whiz at spelling. I've never needed spell check except for a few words.

It comes from being the oldest child (altho all my siblings have this ability) of two teachers: mom was a grade school teacher and dad was a college professor of English. So the ability with language comes naturally to us _____.

My daughters all have it too. Good at spelling and language and word plays and puns. When R----- (mk) was in grade school she took Spanish one year and the teacher asked me if she had contact with a Spanish speaking person cause her pronunciation was so good.

I'd make a good proofreader.

Thanks for noticing that I noticed. I knew you'd be watching.
I almost chose another cake, lol, but then chuckled and thought "nahhh" and waited to see, lol.

I was a semi-finalist in our 8th grade city-wide spelling bee back in my home town and the one opponent I had left was an arch-rival of mine who I thought I could beat (ya, right, she ended up being a Chief of Staff at Women's College Hospital in Toronto). I lost on the word "rhododendron" and have never spelled it wrong since.

I love your background, Miss Daisy was quite the smart mama. You learned well.

Hugs
Old 02-05-2022, 12:55 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suki, thanks for finding the MouseMobile post - funniest story ever!!
Old 02-05-2022, 01:06 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Suki, thanks for finding the MouseMobile post - funniest story ever!!
I remember almost ever day after, she'd find 2, 3, or 4 more mice. I'm not sure, but I think she ended up finding at least a couple dozen. They got shed of that vehicle pretty quickly after that. LOL!