Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Old 01-21-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bekind - I'm sorry for that sad anniversary.
Yes - taking the next right step for sure. : yup:

Least - Maybe it was a lack of coffee headache? I get them sometimes.

Alpine - Good to see you posting. We know how hard you're trying to rise above the stress.

Mags - I remember when I was contemplating quitting - I used to imagine how awful it would be to live without it. I look back & can't believe I ever thought that way & justified continuing my insane drinking life. I'm so thankful we gave ourselves another chance at life.

Going down to 15 degrees below zero real temp. tonight. If there's wind it'll be unbearable. Thankful I don't have to go out - worried about the animals & the homeless.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:48 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hiya PJ - we posted at exactly the same time.
Is it still awfully hot down under?
Old 01-21-2022, 11:26 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling a bit better now. At least Billie didn't tear up my mattress cover again. Right now she's playing with her White Paw toy.

Took her out just now and she peed. Our shoveled space in the dog yard is getting bigger as the snow melts.

Hev, it's going down to 0 F here tonight. Glad the strays have their shelters to snuggle into. I'm going to put some more catnip in them to persuade them to go in.

Done. They have reason to go in now.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:45 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your kind words. PJ, Alzheimers is quite the journey. My mom was actually hilarious with alzheimers and we got along better but I know this isn't true for many people.

Well I'm off to my Father's facility to meet a hospice volunteer who will be visiting him

Least, what is your pain level today?
Old 01-21-2022, 01:13 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

0 to 10, it's about a 4. There, but bearable.

No, BKA, my mom wasn't funny when she had dementia. Once in a while she'd be funny unintentionally. She lost her sense of humor when she lost her memory. My sister asked me why I wasn't crying at her memorial and I told her that I'd already done my crying for her. I did it after my visits with her.

(((Alpine))) How are you doing today? Remember, we're all standing with you in these troubling times.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:59 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

One week ago today, at this moment, 6PM ET, Ann slipped away from us. It's been an emotional week for sure. I've shed lots of tears, laughed at funny memories, found myself sitting and staring into space, and even been angry at times. I miss Ann so much. I am so thankful that we have each other for support.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:05 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Yes it has been a very emotional week. s

So much love. ❤️❤️
Old 01-21-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I can barely believe a week has passed. I wonder how Bubba is doing, has anyone had word...is there to be a memorial service?
Old 01-21-2022, 03:32 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, the wound is still raw, tho it's beginning to heal a bit. Slowly, but it's healing. I have this picture in my mind of Ann meeting St Peter at the gate and saying, "Don't you know who I AM?" I miss you Ann. I will love you always and will hold you in my heart.

Bro came by after work and fed Billie, took her out, and cleaned the cat boxes. Bless his heart. He's coming into town tomorrow around noon and will take me to the drug store to get my scrips for next month. That's the only place I have to go.

It's going to be cold tonight. It's only 13 F now and feels colder. I hope my strays use the shelters. I'd be happy if each of the five were occupied.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:32 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
I can barely believe a week has passed. I wonder how Bubba is doing, has anyone had word...is there to be a memorial service?
I can't see anything online yet Kim love, but that is all I know....I guess perhaps Anna or MG or Dee may know something. xxx s
Old 01-21-2022, 04:41 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

All I know is what Bubba told me last Saturday - Ann was to be cremated and her ashes will be sent to her family plot. Since Ann's two brothers both passed away recently, I expect the family may do something for all three of the siblings at a later date. We are still under semi-lockdown here so gatherings are very limited.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:45 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna ❤️
Old 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Ann always kept the whiners on a positive note, in my opinion, and I think thats made us all close, and feeling happy here. She didn't put up with much nonsense, always kind, but keeping it an upbeat thread, by example.

Its been a long week without her.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:57 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

"To live in the hearts we leave behind, is not to die." Thomas Campbell
Old 01-21-2022, 06:07 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Anna - I'm glad you brought it up. I really appreciate that we can grieve together.
I've been talking to her & trying to thank her. She was an indescribably special person.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:01 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am certain she can hear us. I know she loves us, and knows how much we love her. Miss you so much Ann.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:08 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
One week ago today, at this moment, 6PM ET, Ann slipped away from us. It's been an emotional week for sure. I've shed lots of tears, laughed at funny memories, found myself sitting and staring into space, and even been angry at times. I miss Ann so much. I am so thankful that we have each other for support.

It sure has been an emotional week. It’s surreal to love someone so much that I have never even met. We had exchanged pictures a few years ago but I keep looking at the one of her on the beach in her profile. It makes my heart smile! I know she knew how grateful I was for her friendship but gosh, I can’t help but wish I had talked to her one last time. She called me grasshopper and we were the “Baldwin sistas” who occasionally enjoyed Papa’s recipe. (Lol, not really we just joked about it). She loved that I got a little rescue kitty and we enjoyed sharing our spoiled cat stories. She got the biggest kick out of the fact that I was never a cat person and now I love them so much. My little guy has a fish to watch, a heating pad to lie on while I work and he has his own iPad (my old one) and just loves to watch YouTube.

Of course, he would rather be on my computer. 😂 Thank you for letting me share.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:40 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Told NK that I didn't need him tonight and would let him know about tomorrow. I feel able to take her out myself and think I will start doing that.

Took her out and she graced me with a LW. Acted like she was done after she peed, but I knew better and told her to poop, and so she did.

It feels weird doing ordinary things with Ann gone. Feels like the world should have just stopped when she did. I am so grateful that I got to know her and share my life with her. Ann, you blessed us all and we are richer for having known you.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Magsie

Anna, thank you for all your posts of Ann. I know it would’ve been so hard to post to let us all know when Ann had passed.
Sadly, I suspected the worst when she told us of her drainage procedure. I didn’t want my head to go there, really I didn’t.
I tried to ignore my gut feeling but was waking in the night and Ann on my mind and I’d look on here to see if all was well and prayed for Ann. I remember one night she said she was going to bed and ‘nighters Whineys’ I wrote Night night Ann, God Bless.
When I read Anna’s news, like everyone here, my heart plummeted. My chest felt it had an empty space in it.
I went outside and looked at the trees, moving slowly in the breeze. It calmed my soul somehow. In nature I see our beautiful, kind, wonderful Ann.
I know she will always be with us and we all carry her in our hearts. What a wonderful legacy we have.

I recall the visit Ann had at the Buddhist Temple near her old home and how she made friends with a Buddha. I think Ann said he was Michael but I may be wrong. I hope it’s ok to post the pic.

Love and hugs to all Whinys xxxx

Old 01-22-2022, 03:11 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thats a sweet picture, and you are right, Mags, his name was Michael. I am glad that we have so many pictures of her, and her nature ones as well. Its still unreal to me, and to all of us, I think.

love to all.. off to work, but wish I could stick around and share memories today.