Please help quickly... - Page 4 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Administrator

Nothing to be embarrassed about. If recovery was always easy, places like SR wouldn't need to exist

I'm so glad you made a good choice

D
Old 01-18-2020, 04:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Excellent work, Sohard! I am sending you so much strength although you have plenty of great input and advice here already.

I agree with JK130 - this whole conversation is something to be held onto. Teaching moments abound.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #63 (permalink)

Sohard
you still hanging in there?
Old 01-18-2020, 04:57 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Sohard
I am. Thank you!! I feel relieved. I wonder if these surprise moments ever end for good.

I feel like a weirdo saying this, but I do better when my (fairly) new dog is with me. She is a rescue Iíve had for 8 months. I feel very responsible for her. Sheís in boarding for the weekend. She has her issues (separation anxiety), and Iíve devoted a lot of time to her. I donít think this would have happened if she was with me. I sort of associate her with the Ēnew meĒ. I donít think I should leave her for a while. I feel like a weirdo dog person, but better then drunk though. At least for now.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:00 PM   #65 (permalink)

Missed all this, happy you made it through
Old 01-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Sohard
I am. Thank you!! I feel relieved. I wonder if these surprise moments ever end for good.

I feel like a weirdo saying this, but I do better when my (fairly) new dog is with me. She is a rescue Iíve had for 8 months. I feel very responsible for her. Sheís in boarding for the weekend. She has her issues (separation anxiety), and Iíve devoted a lot of time to her. I donít think this would have happened if she was with me. I sort of associate her with the Ēnew meĒ. I donít think I should leave her for a while. I feel like a weirdo dog person, but better then drunk though. At least for now.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohard View Post

Awesome!

From one weirdo dog person to another.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #68 (permalink)

Lol that makes me a weirdo dog person times 2! They are magic! They are so unquestioningly loving and loyal. I didn't get "dog people" until I got my first dog when I was well over 40 y.o.

After some grieving time after she passed we found ourselves with these two beauties (long story). They continue to be two of my rocks in this hurly-burly world. Even when one of them scarfs down my neighbor's chicken delivery that had been left on the porch for 5 minutes, as hapoened last week.

So when do you go back home? You miss her, she misses you.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM   #69 (permalink)

I go back Monday morning. Thank god. Then I can get back in the ďnew meĒ routine (walks, snuggles, dropping and picking her up from doggie day care when Iím at work, etc.). Drinking me would not be able to care/love her the way she deserves. And yes, sheís my first dog too. I had no idea what I was getting into, and it was best decision Iíve ever made. I credit a lot of my sobriety success, maybe most, to her. The rest to SR.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #70 (permalink)

One day at a time, right Sohard?

I say again, keep posting on here this evening, and what's up tomorrow? Any more "treats" (or tricks?) from your mother? Or from elsewhere that could crop up? Regardless of when, someone in this 24-hour SR community will be around.

What time zone are you in?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
I go back Monday morning. Thank god. Then I can get back in the ďnew meĒ routine (walks, snuggles, dropping and picking her up from doggie day care when Iím at work, etc.). Drinking me would not be able to care/love her the way she deserves. And yes, sheís my first dog too. I had no idea what I was getting into, and it was best decision Iíve ever made. I credit a lot of my sobriety success, maybe most, to her. The rest to SR.
As they say, " dogs are a part of our world but we ARE their world"

Like you my dogs are a big part of my world.

BTW Thank you for rescuing her!

The world needs more people like you
Old 01-18-2020, 06:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Samantha

Quote:
Visiting my mom, who doesnít know of my issue. Iím at 257 days. Sheís ordered wine. We used to drink wine together. Itís cold, snowy, and Iím feeling bored. Just bored. I think drinking would be fun and comforting. I know it would be actually. It would.

but I know I canít. So Iím asking for help. Thatís what everyone says to do. I feel like the decision is out of my hands. Like Iím destined to drink. I always think Iím past this. ****.
for me I tell everyone Iím on a nutrition challenge at the gym that doesnít allow alcohol...not a lie. Just focus on your fitness if you donít want to tell anyone.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:52 PM   #73 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover

SoHard, I know how you feel about your dog. I remember when you got her and how excited you were. I lost my old man Jack over a year ago but happy to say that he never saw me drinking as I was 6 months sober when I got him.

And Billie, my constant companion, loves me with every fiber of her being.

I have a paperweight that says: My goal in life is to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am. I agree completely.

I bet when she sees you Monday, she'll wag her tail right off her butt from joy.

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

Don't wait for the Last Judgement. It takes place every day. -Albert Camus

Find the good and praise it. - Alex Haley

Old 01-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #74 (permalink)

Nicely done today Sohard!

ďIt is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.Ē
― Ernest Hemingway

Sobriety Date: January 1, 2016
Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
One day at a time, right Sohard?

I say again, keep posting on here this evening, and what's up tomorrow? Any more "treats" (or tricks?) from your mother? Or from elsewhere that could crop up? Regardless of when, someone in this 24-hour SR community will be around.

What time zone are you in?
east coast time (US). Off to bed and so thankful. Thank you again!
Old 01-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
As they say, " dogs are a part of our world but we ARE their world"

Like you my dogs are a big part of my world.

BTW Thank you for rescuing her!

The world needs more people like you
awww. That was so nice. THANK YOU.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:27 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by least View Post
SoHard, I know how you feel about your dog. I remember when you got her and how excited you were. I lost my old man Jack over a year ago but happy to say that he never saw me drinking as I was 6 months sober when I got him.

And Billie, my constant companion, loves me with every fiber of her being.

I have a paperweight that says: My goal in life is to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am. I agree completely.

I bet when she sees you Monday, she'll wag her tail right off her butt from joy.
yep, I can tell you definitely understand. Iíd borderline feel ashamed to drink in front of her. Itís bizarre. But thank god.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:35 PM   #78 (permalink)

Good night. I hope you check in tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #79 (permalink)

WAY TO GO, Sohard! I am just now reading all of this and wow....I kinda want to cry with relief and joy for you and the instant support you received from the great SR's was awesome to watch.
My heart is pounding....must go cuddle one of my dogs.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #80 (permalink)

Just read this thread (different time zone). Well done to Sohard in catching it early and posting, and to everyone who piled in to support...and to Sohard's dog who will be there after the visit...great.....