SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Best of SoberRecovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/)
-   -   Authenticity II (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/365228-authenticity-ii.html)

Aellyce 04-27-2015 08:43 AM

I am sending additional good vibes to your already incredible positivity in all this. It is indeed the best to be in a hospital during this time and I really hope they will find a reasonable solution to all these complications so that you can soon continue treatment for the cancer. Best of luck to you and everyone involved, including your medical team :grouphug:

RobbyRobot 04-27-2015 10:02 AM

My dear friend fini...

Yes, I have a daughter... however, my daughter has a no-contact status, imposed by her and supported by my ex-wife, as of Feb 2014. Here is the thing:

When my ex-wife and I separated, our daughter decided to live with me and not her mom. (her mom cheated on me) There is a long story to my separation and divorce, which will not be discussed on this thread, thank you.

So anyways, my daughter had self-diagnosed herself , and her live in boyfriend, as having a type of Asperger's illness. I've been trying for about almost two years to have her medically examined for anxiety. She has refused. Her mom's opinion is she is an adult and has the right to not follow my suggestions. I told daughter and mother, who also last I knew of also has always refused competent medical consultation for depression/anxiety, I told them I will not support whatsoever and self-diagnoses. This earned me a no contact status. Actually done in a *****. and that she'll never change her mind. I tried twice over several months. No response.

There are more details, which again I wont be discussing in this thread, so please, everybody don't ask for more. I can tell you I'm not happy with what is going on with my daughter. She flourished with me. Yes there were some heavy times too. Nonetheless, we worked them out, and I supported her through private Art School. She dropped out her last year.

I know. I would discuss this normally, but under these circumstances, I won't be, as I'm sure you can all understand. So please, I'm all for praying for my daughter, but unless you keep prayers for her to your private thoughts, mentioning her will only bring me angst. So, with all respect, I'm asking everybody to please leave any thoughts and questions about her to yourself. She or her mother do not know of my illness. My daughter, whom I love, will be 25 in May. I'm thanking everybody in advance to leave this entire daughter and her mother relationship for an entirely different conversation. Thank you.

Robby

RobbyRobot 04-27-2015 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 5340702)
Best of luck on your admission Robby, you are an inspiration to all of use here and I wish you only the best.

Awesome to see you've made Forum Leader. Well chosen, friend. Thanks for your support and kind words, which as well inspire me too. :)

courage2 04-27-2015 10:17 AM

All I can offer now is a virtual hug.

And another for Melissa.

trachemys 04-27-2015 11:12 AM

Dont you wish, that just every once, in a while life would throw pomegranites?

Calitano 04-27-2015 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5340910)
Dont you wish, that just every once, in a while life would throw pomegranites?

Or chocolate dipped strawberries...

Soberwolf 04-27-2015 12:06 PM

Thinking of you Robby your in my thoughts thank you for always being kind to me spk soon and hope they can do something about the pain

brynn 04-27-2015 01:21 PM

I know I'm late checking in today, but that doesn't mean you haven't been in my thoughts all day....you too, Melissa.
Sending hugs, love, support.......you name it, you got it!
Xoxo

fini 04-27-2015 07:34 PM

sorry, Rob, for inadvertently adding angst.

onward, whatever that looks like today.

courage2 04-27-2015 08:37 PM

Thinking of you tonight Robby and I hope you're getting the care you need. You're never alone.

Jeni26 04-27-2015 11:02 PM

Love and hugs. Xxx

Soberwolf 04-27-2015 11:36 PM

Morning Robby

Della1968 04-28-2015 02:51 AM

Good morning hope it's a good day. I also wish we would get some semblance of Spring here. :)

courage2 04-28-2015 03:59 AM

Good morning, Robby. I'm heading over to Sloan Kettering this a.m. I'll think of you, and give a smile and a positive word to those there facing much worse news than I'm likely to hear.

I wish you better days.

Gilmer 04-28-2015 04:07 AM

Hoping that your day has many pockets of joy, Robby!

alphaomega 04-28-2015 05:36 AM

Just thinking about you and Melissa. Walking with you friend....:hug:

SoberLeigh 04-28-2015 05:49 AM

Sending love, Robby - lots and lots of love.

puffy 04-28-2015 07:39 AM

Robby, hope you were able to get some rest in the hospital. I know it can be difficult but like everyone else said it is where you should be at the moment. Wishing you a good day.

Off to work...Puffy

brynn 04-28-2015 08:28 AM

((Robby)) :hug:

PaperDolls 04-28-2015 10:13 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps4kcsq0l7.jpg