Help Me Plant My Recovery Garden

Old 05-25-2003, 06:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This is fabulous! Flowers, gardening and landscaping are my passion. It is my true therapy. At the risk of sounding kooky, I find it spiritual.

I have several gardens, containers and window boxes that keep me busy and provide an inner-peace that nothing else can touch.

I adore all of the flowers and shrubs that everyone has mentioned. My favorite flower is the gardenia. Living in the midwest, gardenias cannot be grown outside here. I have an indoor gardenia plant that blooms two or three times a year. The fragrance is beautiful. It's the most perfect flower.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sarah

I LOVE Gardenias too, and it is too cold here for them as well. But I will try growing one indoors, I didn't know I could.

My first coursage was a gardenia, and I have loved them ever since.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Ann...where have I been?? As long as Deb is sharing I would be honored to stand next to her. Now the "quiet strength" part I am not sure about. Me quiet??

I have alot of daylilies...there are so many varieties and they multiply to carry beauty to all the corners of my yard. And each day is a new bloom....truely "one day at a time"

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-26-2003, 09:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So, Dev, when are we all coming to dinner at YOUR house? Just reading about your hubby's garden made me hungry!
Old 05-26-2003, 09:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Margo

Hi Margo:

Come right on over, everyone else does! We sit down for dinner around 6 and by 6:05 we generally have about four new guests each night. We were in the restaurant business for 30 years retired in 1993 but you could fool me. My husband doesn't mind, he says cooking for six is the same as cooking for two. Everybody loves him, he's generous and kind - and well respected by everyone. He's always the first one to help someone.

Do you know he cooks for the family across the street every single night because the Mom and Dad don't get home until 7:00 pm and he thinks it's too late for the kids to eat! Talk about kind and unselfish.

Right now he's making bread or focaccia. This is an everyday project! Yuk! I hate to cook, good thing I don't have to. Haven't cooked in 32 years! Now that's the good life right?

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-26-2003, 10:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Dev - your husband sounds likes an absolute darling - it's really touching that he brings you such happiness because you deserve to be with such a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing some of your life with us - that was a wonderful post!

BTW - the house across the street from us has a For Sale sign in the yard - I would love to have you two as neighbours! I'd be finding a reason to come on over around 6 o'clock every night!
Old 05-26-2003, 10:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Ann,
I saw this and thought of you...

Meg
Old 05-26-2003, 10:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Paused

I would like the sundial since I live in sunny CA that would be good for me Remember to wear your sunglasses because the sun gets hot!
Old 05-27-2003, 10:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Meg

Love the picture and may save it for an avatar!!! Thank you.

And Glenda...the sundial is perfect for you. It has never kept good time here (how can a sundian NOT keep time?) but maybe it is on California time LOL. Works for me.