Help Me Plant My Recovery Garden

Old 05-19-2003, 03:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Ann

I don't think I thanked your for the "Day Lily Deb" so I thank you! And I thank you for the compliment about being strong (I am trying to accept compliments without disagreeing with them, I have that problem )

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-19-2003, 05:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ann--

I know I don't usually check in on the Nar-Anon list--Al-Anon keeps me busy--but I did check in this morning, so can I be included? I'd like to be Lily-of-the-Valley. I had some at my old house, and I just loved their gentleness--always wanted to be more that way myself.

Do you want to borrow my new Mother's day gardening "stuff"?

Hugs,
Lyn
Old 05-19-2003, 05:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
believer

(((((((((Ann))))))))))

Ann, thank you so much - you really made my day.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

Ann....I will claim the bird bath that is if anyone else did not already. At this point any helpful thing would be great for me. We tested my stepson this weekend. We got a positive reading. There are five bars...I have no clue what they mean. three were a sure negative. Four was if'y. But five...was a sure thing. So we have to send it away and see what he tested positive on.

Of course he denies using. But he was classic coming down this whole weekend symptoms. So I will be the bird bath. I will sit and wait for some sweet bird to come along and take a drink...Maybe that would cheer me up. Since I can be the bird bath of hope... seems fitting... hehehehe Just make sure I have water....summer can be a killer when I get dry. hehehe
Old 05-19-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
a work in progress

I'm late.. I'm late... and I think all the flowers are spoken for
Ummmm..... what else could I be? Hmmmm... have you got one of those nifty hoses with all the holes that give your flowers a nice dazzling mist? I'd settle for being the Mysty-fier hehe.. thats got a ring to it
Now I'm off to tame my own yard... I've got lovely yellow flowers everywhere... oh.. wait... what do you mean those are dandelions??? Well they just have to stay, my daughter has been giving my bouquets of them and I can't spoil her fun :shades:

Love and Laughter,
Mysty
Old 05-19-2003, 02:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ME-ME-ME!!

Pick ME!! I WANNA PLAY, TOO!!!

Have you ever planted lavender? It doesn't look all that pretty, but MAN it smells GREAT!!

I don't know what's left in your garden, but I WANNA PLAY TOO!!

Chickie-
Old 05-19-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lyn

My lily-of-the-valley is yours, and is in full bloom right now and smells wonderful. My favourite perfume is a Dior perfume called "Diorissimo" and it is the scent of lily-of-the-valley, and I just love it. I don't like "woofy" perfumes that fill up a room, but this one is fresh and pretty, like the flower.

The angel bird bath can be shared with Margo - because I have attached a feeder right above it (and out of reach of squirrels and my cat). I have Cardinals that come every day and are so beautiful and bright. I will think of Allwehaveishope when I see them now.

Chickiebaby - I DO have some lavendar, and will name it after you. I forgot that I planted it last year and it has come back. I tried drying some and it lasted for quite a while.

I also have some daisies that I forgot to mention, because I planted them last year too and they are just coming out now. They can be my Mysty Daisies, since I don't have a hose with holes in it, except my regular hose that springs a leak now and them LOL.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

MY TURN!!

I want the BE GONE YA's. I love them and their name. I put all my worries in the basket and say BE GONE YA.

As for the toads, I have one that sits in my living room. My sons gave it to me to remind me that I may have to deal with a lot of toads before I find one I can live with, warts and all.

So, I'll proudly claim the toad too, if he's still available.

LOVE Ya

Osier59
Old 05-20-2003, 07:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Osier

You can be my yellow begonias, that match Smokes yellow castles. My yellow begonias are bright, full of blossoms, and rugged, lasting the whole season with very little effort.

Like you, they are strong, beautiful and enduring and offer a happy welcome to friends coming to my front door.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

((((((((((((ANN)))))))))))) Hugs you made my eyes leak. Thank you. That is the nicest thing.

You all are great. I am so lucky to have found you people. You all have made a huge difference in my life. I wish I could grab ya all and give you a big hug! ((((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))

Love to all,
Kelaine
Old 05-20-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((((((((((Ann))))))))))))

Thanks so much! This has been so nice to read!

Lyn
Old 05-20-2003, 11:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
a work in progress

(((((((((((Ann)))))))))))))
I love daisies with their very own heart of sunshine. I'm glad too that you still had some flowers tucked away to name.
Thank You,
Hugs
MystyDaisy :shades:
Old 05-20-2003, 12:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

Ann thank you. Hugs Dragonfly!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ann,
Do you have any peonies? I do believe they are my favorite. They have a wonderful smell which carries with the breeze. Did you know that if they do not have ants that crawl upon them and gently pry inside through every layer, they will not open up? The peony bush reminds me of people. Everyone is beautiful inside and sometimes they are trapped in a ball hidden from the world, waiting ever so patiently for their time to show their beauty. We all need a helping hand every now and again and when that happens and the right kind of helping hand comes along, we open up and flourish... Just as the peony.
Lake
Old 05-22-2003, 06:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lake

What a wonderful description of a beautiful flower. I don't have peonies, but my neighbour Eileen (the feisty senior) does, and she spends a lot of time with me in my garden, and I share my flowers with her....so her peonies will be the "Lake Peonies".

I know she will be thrilled to have some of this recovery spreading to her garden.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ahh, yes. Lake Peonies. It fits perfect. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2003, 05:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ann

Hi Ann:

Am I too late to be in your garden? If not, I would also like to be the "forget me nots" as that was one of my Mamma's favorite flowers in her garden.

What grand ideas you have, Ann. I'm going to stop thinking about food all the time and plant a garden too! Seriously, I do plant flowers mostly Roses. I also love Lavender. I cut it and dry it and have it all year long in the house.

My sweet husband plants his garden all vegetables! He plants tomatoes, green beans, basil, eggplant, two different types of peppers, parsley, zucchinni and cucumbers. We have a huge yard however, we also have a lot of pine trees so this is all the space that he has. After the tomatoes are ready he makes sundried tomatoes. He also makes sauce for the whole year. He has such patience! He boils them, peels them, takes all the seeds out then makes the sauce that he uses for making Marinara Sauce. Just brown Garlic, parsley in olive oil, then add a touch of butter, throw in the homemade tomatoe sauce and voila you have Marinara Sauce. It only takes about 15 minutes! That's the fast way! Try it, it's delicious.

Ann, on second thought, do you have a flower that talks too much? That would suit me better! Have you ever known someone that can get so carried away as I do? I need to get the egg timer out so I don't talk so much.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-24-2003, 07:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Ann,
You are so sweet

Guess I missed the bus on this one BUT if I had been a little quicker I would havescooped up the angel bird bath. Since my daughter died a few years ago, I have always been told what a comfort I am to others in pain... and how easily I find strength in the midst of greif. I see the bird bath as a place of peace and comfort for these little birds in your garden. It seems that my HP has shown me my gift...

Take care
Meg
Old 05-24-2003, 08:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Ladies

I am not sure which flowers Ann has left but I am willing to share the Day Lilies with each and everyone one of you. She described them: Strong and Orange - brightening up the more shaded areas of my garden and symbolizing quiet strength to me.

I think deep down we all have quiet strength, so who is going to share the Day Lilies with me. I have never been real good standing by myself so the more the merrier.....lol

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-25-2003, 06:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And Day-Lilies always grow in a group, giving strength to each other and multiplying the beauty. Just like all of you and this wonderful group.

Thanks Barbiedeb!!!

I am trying a hummingbird feeder....far far away from my cat's reach. My friend has one and gets some beautiful birds.

Something else I learned.....aerodynamically a bumble bee can't fly. The body weight and wing span ratio and speed just won't work. Really!!!! But the bumble bee believes it can and God decides it can....so it flies!!!!

Next time you see a bumble bee....just look up and know Who is running this show.