I was thinking about us Moms

Old 06-11-2003, 11:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Ladies, ya all are AMAZING!! You made me laugh today! You guys have such a great sense of humor for all you've been through. God bless every one of you!!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Big kitty nose hugs

Ann-LMAO!!:p You are so right...they have this speechless look of shock on their faces!!! LOL

Sky
Old 06-11-2003, 02:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I was thinking about us

Hi Ladies:

Wow! too funny! I don't even remember who started all this!

I think we could write a book about this and title it "Not Your Everyday Success Story." What do you think?

This laughing is just more than I can handle! Today, I decided to call up a gym to find out the details of enrolling. The guy who answered said hi, my name is Jeff, but my nickname is Shane. I said, hi, my name is Sally but my nickname is Fatso! There was dead silence until I said "are you there, Shane?" He said "wow, with a nickname like that you better get here right away."

Funny! I didn't join! Again!

Hugs,Devastated
Old 06-11-2003, 02:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

ROFLMAO!!!

Oh that is tooo funny!!!! I think we are "beyond" sanity.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Dev!!!!!!!! Did you really say that???
Old 06-11-2003, 03:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Dev.,

You crack me up, boy-are you quick...LMAO!

Hugs,
Old 06-12-2003, 06:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Hey Josie! How are you doing today? I was just thinking about ya and thought I'd ask how you were doing!!!!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 06-12-2003, 11:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I was thinking about us

Yes, I really did say that! I do think this laugher is good for us all. So I'm going to tell you just one story.

You know we were in the restaurant business for 30 years. What fun I use to have. In this one restaurant we had there was a condenser above the men's room. It was situated right above the men's urinal! Once in a while it would freeze up and when it would start to defrost it would drip and whomever happen to be standing there at the urinal would get dripped on. One evening we were really busy and about five guys came to me and reported there was a leak in the ceiling! I told the gal that hostessed with me, that I was going crazy explaining the problem. Just then this guy came over and said, "do you know there is a leak in the ceiling, and it dripped on my shoulder." Well, I couldn't resist. I said, "sorry, the employees bathroom is upstairs, and once in a while the toilet overflows." Well, how did I know he was going to get hysterical! Man, I'm always in trouble!

Thirty years of restaurant stories! I should have written a book.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-12-2003, 12:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Dev!!!! You are most definitely the cat's meow! You make me laugh so much with your stories - you really should write a book!
Old 06-13-2003, 01:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

What a fantastic post, when my sister rings me and says, Julie our R, is coming home from university today, he,s doing really well, and I am really proud of him, it makes me sick, I've lost so many days comparing my son to my sisters son, spending full days thinking IF ONLY.

This post has really made me laugh, It feels good to see the funny side, I think all you mums are fabulous, and I feel so privelidged to be part if this family on-line.

Dont lose your sence of humour, it's great and I am learning from you, I'll be telling jokes next, then my A,s will think I,ve really gone mad

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

love'ya'all

Jewel
Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bringing this back up for the moms....
Old 07-05-2003, 04:32 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Paused

This was great everyone. I need a laugh today and I about fell over with the toothbrush stories. It really does help to laugh.
When my handicapped son use to put us through some real trials (school calling everyday, getting thrown out of daycares yes there were more than one) I was so stressed out and nervous that I just wanted to give up. I finally learned to laugh about some of it in spite of all the challenges. I must have read everything ever published by Erma Bombeck. I think she helped me keep my sanity.

It's not easy having both a handicapped child (he is almost 18) and a grown chld who is an addict. Keep the stories coming.
Does anyone else have suggestions for funny books? As mentioned I have already read everything published by Erma Bombeck.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Srobin,
Have your read Barbara Johnson? Soooo funny and insightful, too. She's had her own tough road to travel. Give her a try if you haven't.
Washbe
Old 07-06-2003, 08:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Paused

thanks for the cheer up

Hi all, I am new here & having a really hard time but hope to be able to deal with it the way you seem to be. It sounds like you guys have had more practice time than I as I just recently found out my son is addicted to oxycontin & heroin. My heart is breaking & I hope the day comes soon when I will smile again.
BUT reading your posts has let me know I am not alone in this.
So THANK YOU & I wish God's Peace to you all.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

srobin

Hi Srobin:

Reading your post today reminded me of a really funny story that happened when my son was in catechism. He was only about 7 years old at the time and the Nun was asking the children "what did Adam say to Eve when they met in the Garden of Eden?" My son raised his hand! The Nun said she was very happy to see him raise his hand because normally he never did, so she called on him. She is telling me this story and I'm thinking "wow, I knew one day he was going to be president of these United States" instead she continued and told me his answer was....are you ready for this one??? Hope you're old enough to remember this!!
the answer was: "How do you do, my name is Sue." Remember that song "My name is Sue?" Needless to say, he was kicked out! Can you believe that? Kicked out of catechism! I should have known there was going to be a problem later in life!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 07-07-2003, 11:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Dev

That was funny. You just never know what is going to come out of their mouths then and now. I think I have heard of the song. Was it Johnny Cash or am I way off base here? I turned 40 in April so does that make me old enough?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

srobin

Hi

Yes, you're right it was Johnny Cash! 40! eeek! My son's age. You can just call me Mom from now on! I just turned 63! You know, as I recall, this child also got kicked out of nursery school (which is called preschool nowadays.)

Why didn't I see the light then!!! I just figured the Nun didn't have a sense of humor!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 07-07-2003, 06:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Paused

Dev, thanks for answering. I'm impressed that I finally got something right related to music. I am undoubtedly the world's worst at remembering who sang what.

Isn't it funny how we used to think that the things our kids did as small children whether it was getting kicked out of daycare, preschool or making a bad grade was the hard stuff. Little did we know what we were in store for.

Keep up your good work Dev. You have really grown and I am proud of you.