Hat Hair...cookie recipes...fashion advise

Old 07-17-2003, 06:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh JT - you have me hysterical here

The one and only time I visited my son in jail, I put a tissue over the mouthpiece (no one told me about the phones or Wet Ones), and I couldn't even hand one through to him to put on the phone on his side. He just rolled his eyes. And I too wished I had brought some Windex to "fix' the window.

I am laughing because I am picturing a scene were all us "moms" go at the same time to visit our sons in the same jail. I can see us all coming in with our bag of cleaning supplies, rubber gloves, face masks, and Wet Ones and cleaning the joint up before we talk to our kids.

Someday, when we make our "Moms" movie, this will definitely be one of the scenes.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

((((((((((((JT)))))))))))

Even through we've never met one heart speaks to another and the mircle takes place..

Everyone has about said it all....

BUT I'll bet the elephant's peanuts
your son NEVER planned this to happen...somehow it's all part of HIS WALK....I know you love your son but I always try to remember that my H.P. loves them even more than I...so maybe that will help you...

I know the people I love in this life never, never ever, planned on causing the pain in their lives or mine that we have gone through....

I wish I could help with the other advice but I was so scared, worried, and befuddled, I can't remember most of it...probably was afraid they were goin' keep me ....But again my H.P. does for me what I can't do for myself. He allows me the gift of forgettness of the things that are to painful for me to deal with; especially if I focus on Him and the mircles in my life...

JT...YOU ARE A MIRCLE!!!!! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it...and I feel so honored to know you....

Thank you so much for your recovery and for sharing your experience, strength, hope and sense of humor...

Love and prayers from one who cares
Old 07-17-2003, 02:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

JT and everyone else who posted -

How amazing is this site and the people on it! From such a sad, painful experience comes tears of laughter and such bolstering support. Isn't it something how an experience such as this
can lift the spirits of one and all? This site has become my daily alanon meeting.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you JT and your son.

JoJo
Old 07-17-2003, 03:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
believer

((((((((((JT))))))))))

Windex and Wet Ones - they're not just for cleaning windows and wiping babies!

Take care my friend.

Hugs,
JG
Old 07-17-2003, 06:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

JT -

I wish I had some words of wisdom. Re: germs - my advice is clorox wipes. They work great!!!!!

My cousin is in jail in TX (drunk driving). My Aunt told me that she visited him twice but just can't do it again (and I consider her a very strong woman).

Tons of hugs for you.

NoDoubt
Old 07-17-2003, 09:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((((((JT))))))))

Just sending hugs! Hope it helps!

Lyn