Son still got his job and onto a housewarming

Old 06-01-2003, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Son still got his job and onto a housewarming

Hi,

So far, so good. My son still has his job and his boss likes his performance. He had a slip one day last week. He didn't show up for work and his boss said he had no choice but to fire him. Then, his boss phoned him back and say that he acted out of angry and really liked my son's work but couldn't understand why he didn't phone. Anyways, to make a long story short...my son got his job back.

Surprisingly, I was not as anxious as I use to be when I got the many phone calls from his boss. I didn't try to cover up...just told his boss that the last I heard was that he was taking his gf for her ultrasound and maybe he is held up there. When, he phoned back later that night...saying he had no choice but to ask for my son to bring the uniform back...I simply said that I would give him that message. Then two days later...he phoned back and my son was here so I passed him the phone. He got his job back!

I really appears to be a one day slip and I am amazed. Yet, even though I see not signs that he is using, I am always concerned that he is.....even before this slip. I am wondering how I can get over this attitude. I don't like living with this doubt when I am trying so hard to keep looking at the good things that are happening.

They are planning a housewarming gathering this Sat. It will be family and family friends. The problem is her side of the family. Her mother has been saying she won't come to the gathering. Finally, GF phoned her grandmother and invited her. Now that she did that...the mother is saying maybe she will come. I am helping them with the party. But I am wondering how this is going to turn out with the two families together....especially the mom. Grandma is a sweetie and supportive...but is clueless on the going ons...except that the mom doesn't like her boyfriend. I could use some suggestions on how to ease this awkard situation!

Always,
Parent
Old 06-01-2003, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{parent}}}}}

Take it one day at time Just wanted to send out some hugs.

Take care.
Debbie
Old 06-01-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Parent

I am glad thing seem to be going well.

Go to the housewarming and enjoy yourself - the heck with everyone else's problems and attitudes. You don't have to make them all like each other or even have peace with each other, it's their stuff not yours.

Have fun, enjoy the day and let the rest of them have a bad day if they choose.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Smile Do it for your son

Your son has come a long way. Maybe he made a few slips here and there. Be proud of him and for him. His girlfriend has made her choice it is not up to you or her mother. It is her choice. Be supportive. Go with you head high and be as friendly as possible without being insincere. Be the first to say hello. Don't worry about her feelings or protocol. Remember that you are doing it to support your son. Both your son and his gf will appreciate your presence and support.