Notices

Did Xanax help?

Old 04-10-2021, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did Xanax help?

Please, I am not here asking whether the combination of alcohol and xanax is dangeourous. nor am I asking how withdrawing from xanax can be hell on earht. I am old enough and done enough research on the subjetct.
My question is specific. For someone who has tried everything under the sun, every program, therapy...ect
would Xanax help me for the next couple of months leveling my mood/ withdrawl help while getting back to a program of recovery. Probably AA ....againg
I really hope to hear from someone who had a positive experience while of course not ending up in the sma rabbit hole of booze.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
p***enger

This is a subforum specifically on benzo addiction so I don't think it's the right place to post your question. Another subforum, maybe mental health, would be more appropriate. You can PM me on the topic if you want.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(froum rules everywhere not just on here) I knew it couldn't be that simple. will PM you
Old 04-10-2021, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was prescribed Xanax for a short period in 2011. It seemed to have no effect. I suspect the doses I was prescribed were not high enough for me. Accordingly I just stopped taking it. However, as I say, my experience of Xanax was very limited.