Notices

Diazepam abuse

Old 09-19-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Diazepam abuse

Well I have been using benzos since the 8th of September. I took my last one last night which was the 18th september. In total I've had 90 pills over that time period which is 11 days. I've had seizures before but I was using them much longer than that before.
I'm not getting anymore because it's just another drug for me to be obsessed with what with me being a codeine addict aswell and smoke skunk everyday. Do you think in your experience I am likely to have a seizure? I know you can't tell me for certain but just in your experience. Really need to stop this. I cannot get my head round why I think this is a good idea every once in a while. Addictive behaviour is a bastard 😭
Old 09-19-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No one can answer you for sure - but I hope you are okay. I would suggest you call a nurse or medical information hotline in your country and ask them.

Yeah, benzos are bad news. You're bound to have quite a bit of anxiety and paranoia just trying to stop them. Hang on.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,

That's five pills a day, which is A LOT for a Benzo. Most folks with an RX take one up to a maximum of four a day.

The higher the strength of the pill the more dangerous it is for you to quit cold turkey.

Call your doctor.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LumenandNyx View Post
Hi,

That's five pills a day, which is A LOT for a Benzo. Most folks with an RX take one up to a maximum of four a day.

The higher the strength of the pill the more dangerous it is for you to quit cold turkey.

Call your doctor.
She said she took 90 in eleven days.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
She said she took 90 in eleven days.
Thanks for pointing out my typo.

90 pills divided by 11 days = just over eight pills a day. This too is A LOT. That's a scary A LOT.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know I've ****** up yet again

I hear ya all I know I've abused these bloody pills terribly. I can't call a doctor or nurse because they didnt prescribe them. They won't help me until the inevitable happens and that's when I have a seizure. I don't always have them but it's always a risk.
I'm a ******* idiot. This is a massive warning to all you people out there thinking if or even using these drugs. It just ain't worth it.
will update you all. Thankyou for taking the time to reply. God bless you all.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please work with a doctor weaning off benzos. A lot of them will help you and keep your confidences. It can be very, very dangerous to do it on your own, life threatening. Be very careful. Cold turkey with benzos is about the worst thing you can do with this med. I can't stress enough working with a qualified doctor, preferably a psychiatrist to help you wean off.
I'd be more afraid to go on like you are than to tell a doctor you're having a lot of trouble with these meds (no matter how you got them) and work out a program.
Take good care and love and peace. I'm with you. Benzos are the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with. That is just me personally, my opinion, not medical advice. Wishing you the very Best!
Please don't be afraid to see a doctor.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

can't call a doctor or nurse because they didnt prescribe them.
Hi ghirltheresa

The thing I read over and over here is that a doctors help is invaluable with benzo withdrawal. You've been taking a lot.
I really urge you to work through the fear and embarrassment and consult a doctor about this.

It can be the beginning of the way out

D

Old 10-26-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please call a Dr and ask them. I take a benzo for my chronic anxiety disorder and I only take 1 a day - the amount you were/are taking can be extremely dangerous. I hope you are okay.