Notices

What Makes You Smile Or Have A Fuzzy Feeling Inside.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What Makes You Smile Or Have A Fuzzy Feeling Inside.

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic. By the graces of my HP and you guys I haven't had a drink of alcoholic since 8-11-90. For that Im truely grateful.

With all the seriousness that surround us on a daily bases it's nice to have things in our lives that make us SMILE, LAUGH, or have a WARM FUZZY FEELING INSIDE.

We were once little kids at one time in our lives. Remember the little things that would make us smile, laugh or giggle?

At my little part time job in the grocery store i love it when the kids come in ...only if they r well behaved.... : ) they have to intertain themselves while the moms r shopping....when they come to check out i love to chat with them. sometimes out of the clear blue one may say something that completely stuns u. It could be silly or smart....it still makes me smile inside to see how well adjust they are in life.

Youve hear this saying...Kids say the darness things... : )

Anyway....there are many things that make me smile giggle or laugh today and wanted to see what it is for u.

Maybe a pet, pretty flowers, food, tv shows, clowns, really anything that would make u smile or tickle ur funny bone.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

last night...Watching my 2 and 6 year olds doing a "dance off" to chemical brothers/hey boy hey girl tune..
Old 08-04-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A good Lifetime movie!!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too am a BIG FAN of LIFETIME MOVIES. The movies are filled with everyday situations that r real to life. Today's movies are pretty good even tho ive seen them a million times.

Right now there's Kate's Secret showing. With Meredith Baxter Birney portraiting a housewife dealing with bulimia. Next is a favorite. A Perect Stranger with Robert Urich. A romance movie by Danielle Steel. And another, A Kiss So Deadly. Happy Lifetime Movie Watching. : )
Old 08-04-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi....I'm Little Penguin and I'm an Alcoholic and I have been since January 1,1986...........I like the talk about Warm Fuzzy things.....I get mine by giving Hugs and lots of them....................When the Hugs are not there I get special ones from my 6 yr old and my special Teddy Bear..................................Thanks for asking..........I also find warm Fuzzy fun from my meetings and checking in here on SR..................Thanks for being here..............Little Penguin
Old 08-04-2006, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey thanks Little Penquin. Just reading shares like urs and others makes me have those warm fuzzy feelings inside too. : )

I also like sitting in my favorite chair after a long day with a favorite scented candle next to me. The little light that glows with a wonderful aroma that fills the air is absolutely comforting. : )
Old 08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
livingego

What gives me a warm fuzzy is writing for my friends and what not. I am getting into this whole blog thing on MySpace. It's a nice thing just to entertaine complete strangers. If your are enterested in it view my blog.

livingego at myspace. Hope you can laugh or just say what the hell as much as I do.

I have been sober for 3 yrs. and this is my outlet.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What about a favorite song....tune? I was on my way to the store listening to Elvis Live in Hawaii....the TV show that was telivised yrs ago. What a fuzzy feeling i get listening to him sing when he was in the prime of his life.

"I'll Remember You." It's a warm heart felt song for those that remember Elvis.

I know women attatch feelings and emotions to just about everything in life.

I wonder if the men in recovery experience some of the same emotions and feelings as women do?

What song give u a warm fuzzy feeling? What pet give u unconditional love and affection? How about food? A favorite peice of candy or cookie? Favorite resturant? Favorite gyms or exercise...something that would give u much satisfaction from.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Life!

It really does. There is no end to the wonders that come around each and everyday if you are just open to them.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have to say my cat and the small little things she does. Like walking up at 6 a.m. with her curled up on my arm and when I go to bed - she follows to sleep right across from me so when I open my eyes she does at the same time.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Nature... all of it - just fills me up some days.

Sunsets are my favorites... but so is that hawk soaring overhead - I can hear her calling to the young ones off to the left....

And the geese flying in formation when they head home in the evenings (they talk more than I do!)... while the gulls fly in UNformation... also heading home. Both often soar over the busy freeway when I am commuting, and I wonder if they look at us and think the same things I think of them...

Cloud formations.... both from below and above - some days, it looks like the old men are out .... grumpy, overbearing, a little on the pissy side. Other days, the kids are scooting around, bubbling and joyful.

Light bouncing off running water, the smell of trees by the river, woodsmoke on a fall afternoon.... the smell of bacon cooking in the morning.

Damn. LOTS of good things here. lots.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My nephew's laugh!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I get my warm fuzzies settling in my favorite chair with a good book infront of the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa.

From my little dog Maggie (see avatar) who does the strangest things.

From getting a big ol thank you from someone I have done something for...

ohhhh there are so many things.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside is watching a movie and cuddling with my hubby and my 11 month old chocolate lab.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Photographs, taking them, viewing them. There are over nine thousand pictures on my hard drive. I took almost all of them. I just finished going through all my old photo albums and scanning the special ones. There's 624 in that file alone, and I scanned less than 1/4. It was an emotional experience. Some of those pictures are 40 years old. Some of them could easily be magazine covers or calendar shots. Most are just snapshots, but of HUGE sentimental value.

Thanks for asking.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You know what I did today? : ) For the first time I bought me some flowers. working in a grocery store, i often wait on ladies that buy flowers several times a week for their homes. Which I think is kinda neat. I love flowers but since we have 2 indoor cats they love to eat them. So if my daughter recieves flowers from a friend, i would have to find a place in our refigerator to store them. : )

Also if my family offers to buy me flowers i would just say one flower means more to me than paying money for many. We could use money spent on flowers that would be dead in a week or on going out to eat or something I could treasure for the rest of my life. JEWELRY. : )

Anyway....While out at Walmart today I passed the flowers as i was walking in and stopped. I thought about it for a little while and looked at all of them and made a decision. YEP, I BOUGHT ME SOME PRETTY ROSES FOR 5 BUCKS. And there were a dozen of them. Yeeha. : )

So I can go look at them in the refrigerator, admire them, smell them and feel proud of doing something new for myself.

WHAT A WARM FUZZY FEELING THAT IT. : )
Old 08-04-2006, 03:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hearing my daughters voice on the phone...!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

My head is telling me be grumpy and don't post here, so i am doing the opposite.

Fuzzy; being with my daughter, watching the Wedge Tailed Eagles sor over the valley, sometimes talking to my HP I overflow

Happy, getting up and realising I am sober clean and free

Walking around here

Kevin
Old 08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

We've had all good posts here so far. There are lots of things that can make us feel warm and fuzzy. A sense of graditude and being grateful for the wonderful gifts we r recieving in recovery.

It doesnt have to be the most extravigant things in our life that could amaze us...but the simpliest little things that we use to take for granted.

We can learn so much from a small child or pet....hearing them giggle, laugh, grab hold of ur hand, or hearing u say I LOVE YOU and then they repeat it back to you followed by a hug.....unconditional love. Unconditional fuzzy feeling. : )

Sometimes we just have to be still for a moment...to listen....see.....the beauty in all around us.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

one that I often under appreciate is the love of my kitten/young cat tigre... she has this nasty habit of waking me at 6 am by purring and rubbing her body in my face.... This morning I actually took the time to appreciate that she was just wanting my attention and showing she loves me... it was grand... be even grander at say 7:30 !