Notices

ready again

Old 08-03-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ready again

I don't want to drink anymore and know quitting is the only way for me. I am feeling horrible, the anxiety the morning after drinking is insane. I don't know why i keep on. I told my husband this morning i needed help and had a drinking problem and he didn't really take it seriously. I have a crazy stressful job in real estate and use alcohol to cope. but have abused it as long as i have been drinkning.
I have called a therapist and am going to go in to try to talk things out.
I drove again last night when i shouldn't have. I know it is only a matter of time before i really mess up.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so glad you found us here at SR.

And, I'm also glad that you're taking steps to take care of yourself and recover. Your husband probably doesn't understand the huge impact that alcoholism has on a person. The main thing is that you recognize you need help and are finding it. There's lots of support here, so keep posting.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

That is an incredible insight on your part!! Believe me all of us (professionals or not) would still be out there drinking if it continued to work for us. Alcohol stops working at all. I went from 1 drink to pass out and never got the fuzzy feeling of well being again. I now realize that booze/drugs and myself had a really fun and good time a long time ago, but like any other bad relationship it's over!!
It is a sad but true fact of the reality of alcoholism and addiction.

Welcome to the rest of your life... Sobriety is fabulous and once you get past that little "I don't wanna" voice in your head the entire world will appear at your finger tips.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are DEFINATELY NOT alone on this! You've found the right place, I've only been on here and week or two and there is alot of support here!!
It's a tough thing, but the fact that you are finally starting to say "enough" is a sign that you are getting fed up. I hate the anxiety the morning after, the pounding heart, the "gonna jump out of your skin feeling." Ugh, those are the WORST! I went 8 days with nothing....it was HARD, but you feel soooo much better. Whatever you feel is going to help you, you do! I've tried a few different AA meetings and have found that a private counselor is what I am more at ease with. I come on here for support and it's helped so much. Granted I've had a few beers here and there in the evening but NOTHING like I was......Baby steps....baby steps.....I keep telling myself.
Well, welcome to the board Coming on here can really help, you can bare your soul and we all understand and have been there!! Hang in there!!
Jen
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR!!!
Liss