Notices

The Ripple Effect!

Old 08-02-2006, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink The Ripple Effect!

So many times we are in a state of mind that we either are all this way or none at all. Do we realize how much we impact others with our positive attitudes, our soundness of minds, our love that we have for each other? Most of us have come to realize that we have a great impact on others by the way that we in ourselves act or react. Most of the times when we react we don't think of how it will effect others and yet today we know that how we react don't only effect others but it effects ourselves.

So today, I am learning that whatever I produce with my attitude is a huge amount on how it plays an important part in other peoples lives as well. Today I choose to have a Ripple Effect that is positive and full of compassion.

Love Vic
Old 08-02-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Ya Lucky,

That is a very profound insight. But it is far more than just your attitude that will have a ripple effect. Sharing your experiences with others that are troubled will offer hope and inspiration that can actually change someone's life. I have seen this actually happen.

In terms of the ripple, I make a point of living by the following mantra: "Everyday I wake up is a good day, the day I don't wake up will be the bad day; fortunately, as I don't wake up I will not know it or have to deal with it."

This may seem overly simple but it really does work. I have no expectations for my day... it is simply a good day. I don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow, just today. In example, we have a court house registry staff that is fairly grumpy (ok, really grumpy and they even admit it)... yet with me they are incredibly pleasant... why? because I treat them all nicely regardless of how they act... ripples... a wonderful thing!

Peace, Levi
Old 08-02-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Positively true! We underestimate the influence and impact our attitude has on those around us, even the power we have to affect our own perspective, simply by the way we choose to act and react to situations, circumstance, and other people. Allowing things to be as they are, seeing them for what and why they are, and responding with compassion and reason at the forefront to guide our reaction. That removes all hostility, judgment, expectations, all those nasties that make us miserably negative, and such negativity projects on to everything we come into contact with, readily doing harm. Far better to live life on its own terms, recognize things for what they are, and seek to find the good in all, beginning with our selves and our interaction with everything around us.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Yes Vic!! This is so, so true,!!

We do have an affect on everyone that reads our threads..
Often we don't even realize the impact we have, because we don't realize just how many people actually read our threads, because many
don't post a reply, they just read. ... Look at the column sometime on the far right of the forum, and you will see just how many read the post..

Thanks Vic, for this important thread,,,,
Prayers,
Love,
Becky
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yes our ESH is very helpful, since that truly is the best teacher of all, and when we learn to use our ESH in a Positive way, then and only then does it allow us to be totally helpful, instead of hurtful. When we sit back and take a look around us, the people that we touch everyday, and most of the time we don't even realize it, there is Power in the Love that we show each other.

So many times we are negative and where does that truly go? No where that we can see, except negativity draws negativity. Today I don't have to stay in it, today and like most days I can try to be as kind and gentle to others and the way that I say things also. Truly the POWERS that lay in the UNIVERSE alone has a positvie ripple effect, so today, I trust my God, and in return he gives me the ripple effect (not necessarily deserving) but honored to be someone to show love, kindness, compassion, gentleness, honor, etc. Today is a good day and when I die it will be even better!

Love Vic
Old 08-03-2006, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

So as I have been awake this morning, I look at the title of this thread, knowing what an impact we have on each other and on society in itself. Knowing that each of us are but a small part in a whole picture, and knowing that today, we each have such a huge part in the small picture. Today being able to realize that we do effect each other, and also that we do affect everyone that is around us in all parts of our lives.

Today being able to realize that nothing is going to happen to any of us today, that Our HP and us together can not handle. Being on this side makes life so much easier, and so much more rewarding, to be able to be happy, and to be able to share with each other, and help in a small yet huge way to be of service to others and to ourselves. Yes to give out the positive results that come from working a program of recovery.

Love Vic