Notices

LetsThrow some Sunshine Around this Forum

Old 07-31-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

LetsThrow some Sunshine Around this Forum

Hey everybody.....Just thought Id bring some levity...... OK now that Ive have your attention....OK...so we know were all alcs/adds...weve gotten that out of the way...lets focus on the good things weve got going....Im guessing we all all have at least a few minutes of sobriety....Personally Im in my second wk. of recovery.....so Ive got that going for me.....Still searching for a sponsor.....Ive recovered some of the feelings and emotions that are natural again....and am trying to leave some serious poop behind me....it takes time....but if I give it at least 1/2 the effort and time I put in to being a complete F%%@# Up....then sobriety should be a breeze....I guess what Im saying is ....we are all at a serious Xroads in our lives....but lets not drive ourselves crazy with the thoughts of relapse.....Im guessing weve all ingested enough alcohol and drugs to keep us high for the rest of our lives....so lets just kick back now and enjoy the ride......Im speaking for myself when I tell you Im guarding my few precious brain cells I have left like guards on bullion watch at Ft.Knox.....OK so weve made mistakes...weve told some lies and broke a few hearts along the way....were still here riding the big marble......All Im saying is sometimes we get so caught up in the minutae...that we fail to see the big picture....So what is the big picture?...anything you want it to be.....Anything you hold dear to your heart....that you lost.....that was a casualty of your use....that through sobriety has become important to you again......and youll do almost anything to get it back....(besides a normal childhood....that picture show is over folks...please clear the theatre)......Just something to think about....Well thats what Im going after...The big picture......At least for Today....Only to return to the small screen again shortly....Much Love Xtopher....
Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your joy!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Christopher!!!

Thought you might appreciate this. I'm going camping this weekend and Friday is Day 30 for me. Is going to be fun!!! With no booze. Hope you've been on your bike and/or kayack. Sounds like you're doing great.

Cheers
Old 08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

bring losta marshmallows to fight the sugar attacks. And have agreat trip
Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here is a piece of my joy, I got an impaired like 15 yrs ago which led to my first stretch of sobriety (ten years or so). I then relapsed for a couple of years and am back on the right track again for the past couple. I used to hold that impaired over my own head, despite the fact that I have gone on and done so much more with my life.

A month ago I decided to put the past to rest and quit beating myself up. I applied for a pardon and have taken all the steps. Soon I will receive that pardon and I will no longer have a criminal record. That is awesome. Forgive thyself and to thine ownself be true!

Peace, Levi
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey everybody.....Just thought Id bring some levity...... OK now that Ive have your attention....

HA!! You got my attention.
Val