"just let go of it"

Old 07-31-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"just let go of it"

I haven't posted for a long time. Even when I did post, I didn't often. But did read alot and now that I have a computor back, have been reading again.

I had a rough night on Saturday. Sunday I am out hiking with my hiking group and just couldn't seem to let go of it. Usually I get out in nature and within a short period of time can just let go and be myself and enjoy life until its time to go home. But yesterday, I couldn't. And there have been other times when I can't.

How do you "Just let go of it?"
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Starr; I am sorry. I think I understand what you are saying and feeling. What has helped me is to pray (often over and over..even beg) for the willingness and/or ability to turn it over.to my HP (God) to give me the gift of faith to be able to do that. It has worked for me every time; even when I might not realize it immediately.

Hope you have peace of mind and spirit very soon.

Glad you are back and posted. Hope to see lots of you here.

Let me know how things are going.I struggle with this area sometimes,too. I believe it is part of the first and second steps and a human weakness we all have. Maybe just have to keep practicing it and see it work to be able to trust in complete faith.

We are told "It's simple, but not easy". You are not alone.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Perhaps your mind is telling you not to let go and take some action instead? I know I couldn't just let go whilst I was still in the situation.

Oh, and welcome back!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do need to just get out of the situation, I know that. It is time. But I am not working, so can't.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So what action can you take to move you towards where you want to be? I found that making a plan and moving along it made "stuff" easier to deal with.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starr
I do need to just get out of the situation, I know that. It is time. But I am not working, so can't.
Hi Starr and welcome back

I love hiking, too!

Are you not working because you're unable or are there circumstances why you can't? I also found I could not let go if there was still unfinished business. I stayed stuck. Otherwise, when I can't let go, I say the serenity prayer and then deliberately come up with another topic to think about. Sometimes just trying to decide what else to think about does the trick.

I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. (())
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been a stay at home mom (lucky and unlucky because he kept me very socially isolated for many years) Kids are grown and out of house now and the last couple of years I have been learning to have a life again. I don't have job skills that I see to get a good job, and really don't know what I want to do. I have had a couple min wage short term jobs, but need to get something to provide for myself. I can't afford to go back to school.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Starr: I'm a stay-at-home mom,too and haven't had a "paying job" to speak of for almost 25yr. For me "let go and let God" has nothing really to do with anything except for my willingness to trust and have faith in my HP and be willing to go/do what I was shown. (Not to say you don't need to be concerned,etc.my AH just divorced me,so I understand the practical aspects,too.) To take my hands off the addict (in this case HH) and concentrate on putting my focus on me and our kids. It is a process.just like getting to this place was. I don't know the answers or have a concrete plan and I think being willing to change is the way I can begin to little by little move in the right direction...one day at a time, just like my addicted loved one.

I pray to know God's will for my life and the courage and means to be willing to do it. Period. As I let go of lots of things......answers have a way of presenting themselves to me. Just my experience.

Sometimes it takes longer than I'd like.sometimes I feel rushed, but unlike my timing; God's timing is always perfect. Like I said,it's a process.........
Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starr
I don't have job skills that I see to get a good job, and really don't know what I want to do. I have had a couple min wage short term jobs, but need to get something to provide for myself. I can't afford to go back to school.
Does your area have temp agencies? That can be a great way to move forward. You'll find what you are good at, what you like to do; you'll learn new skills and make many contacts in a short time. If you can't afford tuition - are you near a school? - you might be able to audit classes. Looking into financial aid for school might also be an option.

I hope this week is better for you than the weekend seemed to be.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

Starr... I don't have anything but a high school diploma, and for many years, I have had to hold two jobs in order to get by.

Serenity can be expensive in terms of time and trouble... but sooooo worth it.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Starr,

Hate that you are having a rough time of it - Letting Go of it and giving it to my HP has been tough. Sometimes I give it to my HP and then make sure that I have done my part - just a few suggestions - like denny said "try the temp agencies - it gets you exposed to several different types of businesses, then also in case you might be a little rusty on your typing skills - take an Al-Anon or some other recovery book and practice typing in a Microsoft word program just to get back in the swing of things - This is a double winner - it helps you read recovery and fine tunes your works skills -
Practice answering the phone with a professional tone in your voice instead of our normal - "Hey whatsup" voice -
It helps boost your confidence, self-esteem and gets you reading for those interviews.
Best Wishes for a better and brighter today,
Rita
Old 07-31-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rita: great ideas! Little steps can get you places,too.just might take a little longer.

I just remembered: I helped in my child's preschool and was asked to work part-time (for pay after awhile) AND met many of the parents,too. (Paid for my son's tuition that way.) Meeting and talking to more adults can sometimes open up new ideas and opportunities.

I might be out there myself after 25y............so I need to pay attention here,too. Thanks.

Hope today is going better for you.