Notices

New to this Forum.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Friend of Angels

New to this Forum.

Hi everyone. I am Derameth. I am an alcoholic in recovery. I have been sober for almost 5 years. I would love to say that I never think about drinking again, but that would be a lie. While I don't think a lot about it, I do think about it. I wonder why I can't drink like others, those social drinkers that have "a" beer or a drink. I don't ruminate on it very long, else it would drive me bonkers.

I never could just stop at one beer. Or Two or three. It was always until I was very very drunk. This started while in my early 20's and continued until my late 20's when I became pregnant with my first child. I did not relapse into this abyss until after my youngest was about 4, so I was about 38. I kept that drinking up for many more years. While I never lost work because of my drinking, I know that I did not always perform at the best of my abilities because I was hung over. Too many times I can remember that I drove while impaired, no, I was drunk, and one time I had my three young kids in the car. I was so drunk I had to stop at a rest stop and sleep for an hour or so while my kids stayed with me in the car. Sheesh, what was I thinking eh?

Over the years, I have learned that there is, for me, no such thing as just one drink. I have grown and developed into a person that I am proud of, and one that will be more than happy to extend a hand to those that might need it.

If you read my posts in the future you will find me intelligent, charming, witty and most importantly *ahem* Humble.
I also am someone that has become stronger as a spirit because of my addiction, and while I am not easily offended, rather I am thick skinned, I am also a champion of the weak.

So anyway, here I am...hoping to enjoy this community.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Welcome Darameth!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Derameth, welcome to SR! That was a great introduction. Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your sober time. That isn't an easy feat.

Glad that you found your way here! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's great to see you!
Congratulations on your victory over addiction.

Blessings
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep, welcome and I too am looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Good to see you, welcome to SR.

Kevin
Old 07-28-2006, 10:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Welcome to SR!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard and congrats on your 5 years sober. That is awesome. I just know you will have lots of experience, strength and hope to share with those of us who have come after you!

Hope to see you post lots and lots!
Kellye
Old 07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friend of Angels

Talking Thanks

WOW What a wonderful welcome! Thank you all so much.

I do believe I have some things to share here, and I will be more than willing to do so.

5 years of sobriety was a long haul. I thank you all for the congrat's on that, because it WAS hard. So those of you out there who are counting days of sobriety or being clean, I am with you!!!!! I will count with you if you want, I will hold your hand when it is hard, I will counsel you if you think you could use it, but I will never never never enable you to return to the drink/drugs. I will help you raise yourself out of yourself to be the best you can be!!! Ok, yeah that slogan has already been taken but so what..*G*

LETS GET BUSY!!!!!!